PDA

View Full Version : $200 PL hand - Turn help please

ipp147
07-10-2005, 11:57 AM
No specific read. Table was playing very loose passive preflop and generally competent postflop. Big pots where pretty much too big hands against each other.

Whats the best line here.

3 limpers in EP. A poster checked. SB completes and I check with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop is 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, There is a couple of checks a pot bet ($11.40) folded to me and I raise to $40. Flop better calls. Two of us to the turn.

Turn is 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet pot $89 and poster is all in for another $25.9. I call

joewatch
07-10-2005, 01:34 PM
I like check-calling the flop here, then evaluating the action on the turn. But I think you played it fine, since you had no read on Villain. If you had a better read, I think you could have also check-called the turn, or check-folded if you though villain hit a bigger str8.

Tilt
07-10-2005, 03:54 PM
I think your play is fine. You are not deep enough to make a laydown here on the turn and I think flat calling the flop and then getting in after you have the 2nd best straight is inviting trouble.