PDA

View Full Version : Standard "what should I do in loose games" post

Alpha13
07-10-2005, 05:33 AM
First of all sorry for the old topic. I found a home game recently that's played SNG style except only first place wins the entire pot (no 2nd/3rd) Blinds increase every 15-30 minutes or so. I have only played a few games so far, however I have run into the same problems. When the game is full I'm trying to limp the speculative hands (small PPs, suited connectors) and raise the standard hands (AA-99 AK-AT and KQ, maybe KJ and QJ)

Now these hands do not come often and by the time I get them I find myself in an unfavorable position: shortstacked compared to the rest of the field since, within the span of 20-30 hands, 4-5 people have lost their stacks to the other fools with better cards/luck. And now that the game is shorthanded the guys that are still in (either LAGS or LPs) both get more aggresive with their bluff attempts and bully me around since they know I play very tight.

So in short - Loose passive game when full, looser and more aggresive when short. No one has even a basic understanding about poker fundamentals, but waiting for a good hand and betting it hard does not seem to work when you're getting 20 hands an hour and good hands do not come often. I'm lost on how to press an advantage in this game, any advice?

Thanks

Benholio
07-10-2005, 06:12 AM
Get better cards.