PDA

View Full Version : Anyone done any online propping?

12AX7
07-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Care to share your experiences?

(Not sure if this is an allowable topic... might fall under the no rakeback/affiliate rule?)

Edit/MH:

Please add any responses to the other thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=inet&Number=2887894&Forum= ,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=288 7894&Search=true&where=&Name=40700&daterange=&newe rval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Po st2887894) started by Propper yesterday. (Different responses, that is; not like Propper's cut and paste. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif )

popniklas
07-10-2005, 10:19 AM
I tried it, I thought it sucked. The pay I recieved did not make up for the loss of game selection and having to sit alone at a table "trying to start a game".

pokerjoker
07-10-2005, 11:10 AM
This may seem like a noob question but are you talking about services/programs that let you learn stats from people without sitting with them?

Will party bust you if you log on and watch four tables then go to bed?

Is this what my competition is doing?

How do you choose what games to sit at, is there a program besides poker tracker that tells you where the fish are?

Ive been playing poker for about 6 months online but just bought Poker Tracker the other day. Until I read this I thought PT was the only program that is used. Can someone enlighten me please?

Thanks!

bandfan
07-10-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This may seem like a noob question but are you talking about services/programs that let you learn stats from people without sitting with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, thats datamining. propping is getting paid by the poker rooms to "prop" games up. you have to play shorthanded and sit at empty tables to get other games going.

iceman5
07-10-2005, 12:04 PM
I looked into it, but I didnt like the restrictive rules and decided against it. I do know a guy who props in limit games and loves it.

if you like shorthanded you will be fine. Otherwise, I would avoid it.

r2b2
07-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Just started 2 weeks ago. Like it, but playing short handed can be tough. Leaving a full table can be annoying. But it is part time for me. Try it, you might like it.

Randy_Refeld
07-10-2005, 12:25 PM
It is important to get in the right program. Some of the sites I prop on have restrictive rules and some have no rules. The most impmortnat part is none of the sits I prop on has a schedule so if I don't like the game I leave.

Nottom
07-11-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried it, I thought it sucked. The pay I recieved did not make up for the loss of game selection and having to sit alone at a table "trying to start a game".

[/ QUOTE ]

lefty rosen
07-11-2005, 12:13 AM
I looked into it and one of the sites that I was steered to literally had more tumbleweeds then players. I can only see propping working out for me if I was directed to a site like Absolute. Otherwise I would be running from .5/1 to 5/10 back down, not really worth my time...

slothers
07-17-2005, 03:00 AM
I prop regularly. It is great. You have to be able to play short handed. I sat with a guy at 5-10. I sat with $75, he sat with $125. About 15 minutes later, he had $50 and I still had $75. The only thing he didn't realize was that I got 110% of my portion of the rake or a little over the $40 he lost. I typically make $1000/week in about 25 hours playing one table of 5-10 and one table of $2-4 at the same time.

Synergistic Explosions
07-17-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I sat with $75, he sat with $125. About 15 minutes later, he had $50 and I still had $75.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 bucks in rake per minute playing HU? Where the hell do you play? Scampoker.com?

Losing all
07-17-2005, 03:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I sat with $75, he sat with $125. About 15 minutes later, he had $50 and I still had $75.

[/ QUOTE ]

5 bucks in rake per minute playing HU? Where the hell do you play? Scampoker.com?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm, isn't that the party micro rake schedule?