PDA

View Full Version : How'd I do with this

Acehawk74
07-10-2005, 03:00 AM
Hey guys... just curious how you think I played this hand. All criticism is welcome, id like some input. Thanks!

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

River: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has As 6h (one pair, aces).
MP2 has Tc Ts (one pair, tens).
CO has 3h Ah (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.50 BB. </font>

I felt pretty confident that I had them beat... seeing the hands that CO had played (watched him play 72o not once, but TWICE out of EP).. but i know that i didn't have the strongest kicker.

Any input would be great, thanks guys.

moot
07-10-2005, 03:03 AM
The postflop is fine.

I'm wondering about the preflop. Personally I hate hands like A6off, especially out of position, and this multiway pot isn't favorible for this type of hand.

Where do you guys draw the line for calling with Ax off in the SB and also how does it vary depending on the number of players who've entered the pot?

pryor15
07-10-2005, 03:04 AM
looks ok based on your reads.

what was your plan if raised?

beset7
07-10-2005, 03:08 AM
Next time you'll get better responses if you don't include results.

I muck it preflop. I'd defend aggressively with it in a shorthanded pot but I'm completing with A6o 0% of the time.

The rest of the way looks fine. Just value bet it all the way.

Schwartzy61
07-10-2005, 03:10 AM
I fold preflop...

Acehawk74
07-10-2005, 03:14 AM
my plan if raised was to call down, pot was a bit big for me to give up on it for 1 more bet.

also about witholding results next time, i most ceartinly will do that, thanks for the tip.

Im fuzzy on the logic on how to handle hands and how to keep all the thoughts together when playing a hand.. im still very new to the game. So if those replies aren't a good approach, please set me straight =)

newfant
07-10-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where do you guys draw the line for calling with Ax off in the SB and also how does it vary depending on the number of players who've entered the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually complete the SB here. I think once you complete and hit top pair, you might as well lead out on all streets like you did until you meet some resistance.

A6 is prolly about the worst ace there is because you can't make a straight with it. I actually prefer to see a multiway pot with A,rag because the big pots you do win make up for those pots you lose when dominated.

I always complete SB with Axs and always with AT or better. Anything less than AT and completion depends on number of people in the pot and how they've been playing. The more passive the table, the more schitty aces I'll play from SB. If the table is aggressive my Ax standards go up because I don't want to get in a raising war post-flop with A,rag.

Edit: Just noticed this was 8-handed. That makes completion here much dicier. My comments above are for 6-max.

JKDStudent
07-10-2005, 06:23 AM
The pf call is marginal, but postflop is fine. However, I don't know about calling down if raised. I think if you're raised here, you're behind, and the next street should be folded ui. Really, it's a lose-lose situation. If you fold, you might be folding the better hand, but if you call down, that's going to be expensive in the long run. That's why we typically avoid hands like A6o. Such hands can easily get you into siuation where every possible decision is marginal at best.

ArturiusX
07-10-2005, 07:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

A6 is prolly about the worst ace there is because you can't make a straight with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a nitpick, wheel value doesn't trump high card strengths. A6 is better than A5, although the difference is more sharp from A7 to A6.