PDA

View Full Version : To aggressive with an overpair?

emitch
07-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

I am posting this hand because I am trying to work on my aggression numbers and I feel a little uncomfortable applying this much in TP or overpair situations. Comments welcome.

The whole table plays too many hands and thinks a lot of holding a PP no matter what it is. Not much pfr but a few of them including the villian will go nuts post flop.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls.

The raise gave me a little concern but I really feel that I am still ahead here most of the time against this player.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Another good card for me unless he is playing A6 this way (which is possible). Can't worry about MUB.

River: (9.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Another good card, so bet out.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

Thanks,

mitch

newfant
07-09-2005, 11:58 PM
I don't know how else to play this. I'm guessing he had kings, but he could play that flop the same way with AK of hearts.

glean
07-10-2005, 06:47 PM
I think this is played perfectly. If he has KK/AA so be it. If he raised with TT, ouch. But there are a ton of hands your ahead of hear. AK, AQ, AJ, AT, JJ, 99. He could raise the flop with any of them if he is agro post flop, especialy if he has a back door draw to go along with them.

No new scare cards show, and he puts forth no agro...I would keep betting this all the way down. I probably would have even 3bet a turn raise hear, expecting AK, JJ, AQ, AT...hell just about any hand he could have... to try to make a move if he is agressive. If he caped or bet out again on river I'd call down.