PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four

AEKDBet
07-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Just saw it. I thougt it was pretty good - give it a 7.5/10. Although I was slightly stoned and enjoy movies more that way. Good "superhero" movie, Batman Begins was better.

Voltron87
07-09-2005, 10:42 PM
looked [censored] awful.

the clear play was murderball.

AEKDBet
07-09-2005, 10:50 PM
I was impressed by the original trailers. The more recent ones came off cheesy.

I am giving the movie a lot of leeway since it falls into the "superhero" category. A movie like this and The Godfather do not fit on the same scale.

Jeff W
07-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Ebert gave it 1 star--that is pretty telling because when he rates a movie 1 star it is complete [censored].

Voltron87
07-09-2005, 11:08 PM
i generally think fantasy action movies suck, so im biased.

but seriously, murderball pwnt

Brian
07-10-2005, 01:29 AM
I hated it, and I don't hate many movies, especially Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

-Brian

ThaSaltCracka
07-10-2005, 01:29 AM
yes, this movie sucked.

pryor15
07-10-2005, 02:15 AM
but those are his most entertaining reviews:

[ QUOTE ]
The Human Torch, to repeat, can burn at supernova temperatures! He can become so hot, indeed, that he could threaten the very existence of the Earth itself! This is absolutely stupendously amazing, wouldn't you agree? If you could burn at supernova temperatures, would you be able to stop talking about it? I know people who won't shut up about winning 50 bucks in the lottery.

But after Johnny Storm finds out he has become the Human Torch, he takes it pretty much in stride, showing off a little by setting his thumb on fire. Later he saves the Earth, while Invisible Woman simultaneously contains his supernova so he doesn't destroy it. That means Invisible Woman could maybe create a force field to contain the sun, which would be a big deal, but she's too distracted to explore the possibilities; she gets uptight because she will have to be naked to be invisible, because otherwise people could see her empty clothes; it is no consolation to her that invisible nudity is more of a metaphysical concept than a condition.

[/ QUOTE ]

alas, though, it's PG-13