PDA

View Full Version : Adam's peanut butter

woodguy
07-09-2005, 09:23 PM
This is the stuff that you have to stir in the oil that sits on top once you open it, and then refrigerate to keep it from spoiling.

Best way to stir in the oil is with a bread knife.

I was always a Kraft guy, until my fiance pointed out it was full of trans fats and that basically 3 tablespoons had as much bad fat as a Big Mac.

Adams was the solution.

Ingredients: Peanuts.

At first I had to get used to tasting "only" peanuts in my peanut butter, but now I can't get enough.

I am not employed by these people in any way, I just really like the peanut butter and thought I'd share the info.

http://www.jeffwerner.ca/images/journal/IMG_7487.jpg

Regards,
Woodguy

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
07-09-2005, 09:25 PM
the new-age hippy peanut butter is the best kind. its as close to home-made as you can get.

IHateKeithSmart
07-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Hmm, I actually use the Adam's no-stir. Peanuts and a little bit of oil are the ingredients. Maybe I'll try the stir kind out, just seemed like a PITA.

Macdaddy Warsaw
07-09-2005, 09:32 PM
There was this local store that was all about the natural stuff, etc, and they had a machine with peanuts on top and it would make peanut butter while you waited. It was awesome.

woodguy
07-09-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, I actually use the Adam's no-stir

[/ QUOTE ]

The grocery stores I shop in only have the stir in kind. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'll have to enquire about the no-stir king.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Woodguy

Inthacup
07-09-2005, 09:44 PM
For the record, fiance is masculine. Fiancee is feminine. Unless you're marrying a dude, fiancee is better.

Cup

Blarg
07-09-2005, 09:52 PM
I tried peanut butter like that a bunch of times as a kid. Hated it. It was very oily and never really mixed smooth; the oily seeping on the bread was really disgusting. Once you put it in the refrigerator it was like stirring concrete -- that had already set. But you had to stir it like hell to get the oil to mix in. And by the time you got the oil mixed in so it wasn't truly oozing all over the place, not only had you burned off 1000 calories and done a lot of dangerous stabbing and stirring in a glass jar with a metal implement, but the peanut butter got so smooth it was like liquid. It was very hard to find the right amount of stirring between hard as concrete and drippy as honey. And since that depended partly on the heat of the stuff, the right texture would still sometimes be an "off" ratio of oil to peanut butter.

An altogether miserable sandwich experience.

woodguy
07-09-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For the record, fiance is masculine. Fiancee is feminine. Unless you're marrying a dude, fiancee is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Noted.

Thank you.
Woodguy

Macdaddy Warsaw
07-09-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried peanut butter like that a bunch of times as a kid. Hated it. It was very oily and never really mixed smooth; the oily seeping on the bread was really disgusting. Once you put it in the refrigerator it was like stirring concrete -- that had already set. But you had to stir it like hell to get the oil to mix in. And by the time you got the oil mixed in so it wasn't truly oozing all over the place, not only had you burned off 1000 calories and done a lot of dangerous stabbing and stirring in a glass jar with a metal implement, but the peanut butter got so smooth it was like liquid. It was very hard to find the right amount of stirring between hard as concrete and drippy as honey. And since that depended partly on the heat of the stuff, the right texture would still sometimes be an "off" ratio of oil to peanut butter.

An altogether miserable sandwich experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to be all negative recently. Anything wrong?

Blarg
07-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Not really. Maybe my patience is going through one of its periodic ebbs and it's spilling over to peanut butter and other subjects.

Soul Daddy
07-09-2005, 10:38 PM
A good colon cleansing should do the trick.

Blarg
07-09-2005, 10:46 PM
LOL, if I see some of that stuff coming out, it might make things worse.