PDA

View Full Version : 20+2 Results

BadMongo
07-09-2005, 08:18 PM
I've lurked here for a while, but this is my first post. I've been 4 tabling the 20+2's on Party for the past two months and decided it was time for a check-up.

SNGs: 1000
ITM: 39.2%
ROI: 20.0%
Net Profit: $4400

Finish Distribution:
1st: 137
2nd: 125
3rd: 130
4th: 112
5th: 125
6th: 135
7th: 100
8th: 57
9th; 48
10th: 31

There are always plenty of people posting their results for 100 games or less, so I thought some of the other low limit players might be interested in seeing a larger sample for once. Likewise, I would be interested in seeing the results of other low limit players with a sample size ~500 games or more.

Overall I'm satisfied with my results, so thanks to all the posters who contribute to this forum. You have helped my game immensely. However, judging from the info in the FAQ, there is definately room for improvement here, especially with regard to my ITM. I'd be interested to see the finish distribution for a player with a high ITM over a statistically significant sample size.

Any comments are appreciated.

citanul
07-09-2005, 08:26 PM
congrats on your successes.

your itm and roi are quite acceptable and good! (you are making money, aren't you? then don't be sad!) you're right around the 40% itm that is most people's "sweet spots" and the roi is quite nice too. the roi boost you're probably looking for probably has a little/lot to do with the distribution of itm finishes. don't worry about it too much, but always do try to work on your late game play. you want 1st to be your most common finish, which it is. keep working on your game and you'll be killing these games for even more in the future, or beating higher games if that's what you want.

thanks for not posting your results when you had like 30 games under your belt!

citanul

SlackerMcFly
07-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Candy-Gram for Mongo! Mongo like candy..

Blazing Saddles man, those are really good numbers!

Nice work in the 1st 1000. I'm a coupla hundred from playing 1000 at the 20's and we have similar results (mine are just a tad better - MooHaaHaa).

The main thing is that you are profiting and having some fun. Keep reading the forums, contribute in a productive way (don't be like me) and welcome to the group!

Slackerama the noob

Mr_J
07-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Very nice, now move up.

BadMongo
07-09-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll keep reading the forums and eventually post some hand histories. I think I can improve on my results over my next 1000. For one, I think I had some pretty harsh downswings over this set (including a 23 buy-in drop), so hopefully that's not typical.

Props to Slacker for catching the Blazing Saddles reference! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

unreal_nh
07-09-2005, 10:07 PM
i think i've sat next to you a few times lately. is this why my roi is dropping?

spliff
07-10-2005, 08:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Very nice, now move up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think a 20% ROI is good enough to move up ?

I have somewhat the same stats at 11$ at Gaming Club for about 300 tourns., and i'm thinking about moving to PP, and try the 11$ there and mayby move up to the 22's try to 4 table - but im not sure about it - think a big part of my 20 % ROI is caused by the many bad players at 11$ sng's at Gaming Club.

pergesu
07-10-2005, 08:07 AM
If you've got the roll and are comfortable in moving up, then ROI doesn't really matter. 20% is solid and I'd definitely move up with his roll. [censored] I'd skip straight to the $55s, he's got at least 5 grand.

I've never played at Gaming Club, but Party has to have worse players.

BadMongo
07-10-2005, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the advice.

I also had a couple wins in the Empire $2500 Guaranteed MTTs, so I definately have a big enough roll to play the 33s or 55s.

I'm not sure if I should just jump right in though. I'm eventually moving up to the 33s at least (I've been playing the ocasional one on weekends with decent results). From what I've seen so far, there IS a noticible difference in difficulty, so I've been taking it slow.

On the other hand, I'm confident that I can beat them, so maybe I should just grow some balls and jump in?

spliff
07-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Good luck, please report backl with your experience in the 33's and 55's

Unoriginalname
07-10-2005, 11:58 AM
I'd love to see a picture of your profit graph if you have one of the STT trackers.

BadMongo
07-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Well, I'm not sure what you mean by 'SNG tracker', but I do have a homemade spreadsheet that I use to track my results. Here's my profit graph:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/ntcampbell/Profit.JPG