PDA

View Full Version : Shorthanded Omaha/8 (Limit)

PokerProdigy
07-09-2005, 07:43 PM
I am interested in playing the $1/2 limit omaha/8 6 max games. What should I do to consistently win in these games? In other words, how can I improve my shorthanded limit omaha/8 game and how is this game different from full ring games?

dcasper70
07-09-2005, 11:34 PM
I've been doing great on them for the last 2 months, holding at 10BB/100! I've loosened up my hand selection and have also been much more aggressive. VPIP is floating in the 33-35% range and PFR is around 10%. The majority of the time I'm still the tightest at the table, with many opponents in the 60+ VPIP area! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The two main suggestions is practice good table selection and play good hands hard.
You should be able to consistently find tables with VPIP 50% and upwards. Once you're on one, pressure the table when you have good hands and decent draws. Don't let up on them. You'll be surprised how bad some of them are.

I only play for an hour or so every night, so I concentrate on single tabling. Reading 5 opponents seems simple compared to full ring.

Also, here's a link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=headsup&Number=1215269&fpa rt=1&PHPSESSID=) of a lot of useful 6-max stuff. It's geared towards Holdem, but there are some good nuggets in there.