PDA

View Full Version : what a wonderful day...

axioma
07-09-2005, 07:20 PM
after dropping 100BB this afternoon, i decide an hours fishing at the river near my house is exactly what i need.

i then procede to hook a DUCK on my 2nd cast, which manages to swallow the hook and die an extremely unpleasant, and traumatic, death infront of me.

i then go to my fathers birthday party where i am confronted by a guest who after asking what i am doing for a living these days, pronounces me, quite seriously, as "evil" and "very unethical".

what a great day.

IggyWH
07-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Look at it on the bright side... you got fresh duck for dinner now.

mosquito
07-09-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
after dropping 100BB this afternoon, i decide an hours fishing at the river near my house is exactly what i need.

i then procede to hook a DUCK on my 2nd cast, which manages to swallow the hook and die an extremely unpleasant, and traumatic, death infront of me.

i then go to my fathers birthday party where i am confronted by a guest who after asking what i am doing for a living these days, pronounces me, quite seriously, as "evil" and "very unethical".

what a great day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't mow the lawn......

KingOtter
07-09-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

what a great day.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I call a downswing.

Not just the 100BB, the whole day.

Variance sucks.

KO

Synergistic Explosions
07-09-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

what a great day.

[/ QUOTE ]

The duck deserved to die, and the guest is a fool.

So don't let that kind of stuff bother you. Losing 100BB is nothing that can't be gotten back tomorrow.

Life is good, just sometimes it burps.

pokerrookie
07-09-2005, 07:34 PM
Must be something in the water, I've spewed about 100 BB myself.

KingOtter
07-09-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The duck deserved to die, and the guest is a fool.

So don't let that kind of stuff bother you. Losing 100BB is nothing that can't be gotten back tomorrow.

Life is good, just sometimes it burps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said.

axioma
07-09-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

what a great day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't mow the lawn......

[/ QUOTE ]

too right, days like this you just have to go to bed safe in the knowledge that tomorow HAS to be better.

chrisg
07-09-2005, 07:42 PM
Look on the bright side. You could have caught something far worse fishing in London. Viles disease for example.

Anyway, the 100BB can be made back, and the guest was obviously a retard - next time you see him take your fishing equipment and cut him a new one.

Dusseldorf
07-09-2005, 08:00 PM
I would say, if you really are upset about killing an animal, you might feel better if you gave up sport fishing entirely.

I got fined $150 the last time I went fishing.

Cheers!

miajag81
07-09-2005, 08:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened after you punched this guy in the face?

Pat Southern
07-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Could be worse, you could have been the duck.

MadMat
07-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Just out of interest from a fellow UK angler, What river do you fish in London? and BTW barbless hooks are a lot easier to recover from stupid ducks (and your own fingers, ears etc if your casting is anything like mine!)

Mat

MadMat
07-09-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would say, if you really are upset about killing an animal, you might feel better if you gave up sport fishing entirely.
Cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Most freshwater fishing in the UK is strictly catch and release.

Mat

ds914
07-09-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The duck deserved to die...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://depts.washington.edu/uboma/2003/classes/Nicole/pics/angry_daffy_duck.gif

sourbeaver
07-09-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That sucks, but that's poker. You did the right thing i.e. do something to vent your mind for a while.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, well, sports are risky too. Maybe next time you'll be more careful about ducks in the surroundings.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who died and made him pope ? F*ck the bastard.

Roy Munson
07-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Tomorrow will not be better for the duck.

Eder
07-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Had similar day...dropped 40BB...went fishing...heres the pic of one of the nice hogs we caught..took this one on a #18 red chronamid..(its my buddy in the pic). Were no ducks here but did spot a few pelicans lol.

web page (http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a209/Akray00/fish.bmp)

DarkForceRising
07-10-2005, 03:44 AM
When I first bought SSHE I decided to park by a river I live near and knock off a few chapters. My attention was distracted by a couple of ducks seemingly trying to strangle another duck (or goose or whatever the [censored] they are).

Later that day as I recounted to my brother the story he told me that this was how they mate. He then informed me (he is a biology professor) of a story of a duck smashing into a window, dying and then being gay dry-humped by some other ducks.

Yup. That CSMF got what he deserved.

BTW, this is anti-necropheliac, not anti-gay, so don't start with me.

axioma
07-10-2005, 08:00 AM
"Just out of interest from a fellow UK angler, What river do you fish in London?"

im actually living just outside of london now, its the river Lee. never fished whilst actually living inside of london.

and normally i am VERY careful of ducks whilst fishing, but some kids were bothering me this time and i took my eys of the bait, ahh well.

axioma
07-10-2005, 08:10 AM
nice fish /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

RollaJ
07-10-2005, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The duck is a fool, and the guest deserved to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP