PDA

View Full Version : 6+.5 Turbo your thoguhts

skiier04
07-09-2005, 05:37 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t1480)
MP2 (t1660)
MP3 (t1260)
Hero (t1470)
Button (t1340)
SB (t1480)
BB (t1240)
UTG (t1970)
UTG+1 (t1600)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t20, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t80</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls t60.

Flop: (t190) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t190) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises to t1520</font>, Hero calls t1290 (All-In).

River: (t3100) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3100

Oluwafemi
07-09-2005, 06:00 PM
i no like.

pokerlaw
07-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Bet 2/3rd or so of the pot on the flop. I would fold to the check RR on the turn. Seems too fishy, though it may be a bluff - I would need to see him bluff or play questionable once in a prior hand to confidently call this - stupid ace flops...

jcm4ccc
07-09-2005, 06:03 PM
The problem is that there is a good possibility you are up against an ace.

On the flop, you want to convince the players with A2 - AQ that you have them beat. The best way to do this is with a decent bet on the flop, just as you would if you had AK.

On the turn, your opponents' all-in looks suspicious. However, he may be overprotecting against a flush draw. You don't even have top pair. You have to lay this down.

skiier04
07-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Oh I know I usually bet out the flop with KK when an ace hits I was just mixing it up this time. The raise on the turn was just so big, Ive seen that play so much at these limits with hands like flushdraws, straight draws, and even bottom-mid pair.

RESULTS:

UTG+1 shows 9d, Tc
Hero wins t3100

raptor517
07-09-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh I know I usually bet out the flop with KK when an ace hits I was just mixing it up this time. The raise on the turn was just so big, Ive seen that play so much at these limits with hands like flushdraws, straight draws, and even bottom-mid pair.

RESULTS:

UTG+1 shows 9d, Tc
Hero wins t3100

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet 23048650924068304698234 dollars that u wouldnt have posted this if he did have an ace. holla

skiier04
07-09-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

RESULTS:

UTG+1 shows 9d, Tc
Hero wins t3100

[/ QUOTE ]

i bet 23048650924068304698234 dollars that u wouldnt have posted this if he did have an ace. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold /images/graemlins/wink.gif

jcm4ccc
07-09-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh I know I usually bet out the flop with KK when an ace hits I was just mixing it up this time.

[/ QUOTE ] This is not a good hand to "mix it up" When you have KK and an Ace hits on the flop, you're not going to want to stake your tournament life on it. You want to find out on the flop what your opponent has.

If you bet the flop and are reraised, you know you're beat. If he folds, you clearly won (even though you might not have had the best hand). If he calls, then your postflop skills come into play.

But since you both checked the flop, who knows who has what? Is your opponent betting the turn because he was planning to checkraise the flop, or did the turn happen to hit him? You are both operating blind, and you just happened to make a lucky guess.

skiier04
07-09-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh I know I usually bet out the flop with KK when an ace hits I was just mixing it up this time.

[/ QUOTE ] This is not a good hand to "mix it up" When you have KK and an Ace hits on the flop, you're not going to want to stake your tournament life on it. You want to find out on the flop what your opponent has.

If you bet the flop and are reraised, you know you're beat. If he folds, you clearly won (even though you might not have had the best hand). If he calls, then your postflop skills come into play.

But since you both checked the flop, who knows who has what? Is your opponent betting the turn because he was planning to checkraise the flop, or did the turn happen to hit him? You are both operating blind, and you just happened to make a lucky guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for taking the time to write a serious helpful response instead of just saying I have 2000 more posts than you so I can just make a rude comment that gives the poster no input or advice on to how the hand was played....

Back on topic now; I wholeheartedly understand what you're saying, as I look back on the hand now. It probably was a stupid, -EV play by me to both check the flop, and call the CR on the turn. Doing this gives me no information on what my oppenent had, and if he was on a draw, gives him a free card to try and hit his hand. There's really no way I can win any additional money this hand unless I spike a king and beat someone with an ace/2pr. Maybe it's just that I'm not confident enough in my postflop play to be able to continue the hand profitabaly if flat called on the flop, but the only way I'm going to get better is to play the hand out properly and continue accordingly. Thanks again for your input.

lastchance
07-09-2005, 08:15 PM
I think checking the flop is ok, though a bet works here as well. You're not getting A2-AQ to laydown, and you're not getting too much money out of hands that have you beat, so this is really an info bet.

I think checking the turn is ok too, although a bet is ok.

I don't see how you're supposed to call that check-raise, as fishy as it looks.