PDA

View Full Version : Trips ain't nothin' but a draw!

ADAMtheEXPERT
07-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Again, since this is important, I am repeating this answer as a new article. If you want to succeed in omaha8, ATE would suggest that you heed all my advice, and consider yourselves lucky, that I'm crazy enough to give it away

Hmmmmm, I can't remember if you made nasty comments about me, or not. Well, no matter. ATE gives quality answers, regardless of who asks the question. . . . .IF the question is important.

Well, y'all this CERTAINLY is a VERY important issue. In order to learn this game, REALLY learn it, i'd like everyone to start calling things, what they truly are

Rule number one: THERE IS NO SUCH THING, AS "TRIPS" in omaha, certainly not pot limit hi lo. Let's all practice a new term, ok . . . . . . . . .I flopped a draw to a full house. If you have two pair, then: "I flopped a WEAK draw, to a full house. If you flop three pair: "I flopped a pretty good draw to a full house"

Ok .. .Are we all on the same page? Yeah, yeah, ATE knows that SOMETIMES, you will win the hand with trips. But, in pot limit, you often will get a card on the turn, that means that you cannot call the bet, and thus lose your chance to win, if indeed they still were the best hand, or you were destined to fill up on the river.

Now, the real MEAT of the trips issue, is the specific texture of the board.

Now, everyone get ready to chant this new mantra:

If low draw there, I must beware! (ATE original phraze)

If low draw there, I must beware. learn it, know it, live it.

ANY TRIPS, WHERE THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE, is inherently VERY weak, if a low draw is present.

Ok, now you bet virtually the whole pot. This really is not the way to do it, with this texture

(1) two card low draw, THAT CAN PRODUCE A WHEEL

(2) Flush draw, that you don't have.

By betting the pot (God, I'm such a genius, I wonder if even ONE person on this site, knows that)

All you succeed in doing: IS GETTING OUT THE VERY PEOPLE, YOU WANT IN: two pair, possibly small set.

If someone has the wrap low/wheel draw, you are not the favorite, even if they have no flush draw. If the low hits the turn, you cannot (if you're smart) call, as you are risking most or all of your stack, in a situation where all you can do is get back the small amount you've already invested. Yet, the bet on the turn will usually NOT be enough, to get out their low draw, if a non-pair, non low card comes. Or, for that matter, even if the board pairs.

Look for textures that do not contain a low draw. Although someone can make a straight or such, at least if you hit you won't have to split (another original ATE phraze)

Or, if a low draw is present

IT MUST BE A BROKEN LOW DRAW, NOT A TWO WHEEL CARD ONE, FOR YOU TO HAVE any reasonable power to win with unimproved trips, when the low card comes

Example:

K 2 7 K 3 8

K 2 6 is not as good, but at least if a 3,4,5 hits, there will be a texture of only ONE two-card combination to produce a straight.

Now, sometimes, if you get a very specific texture, with a broken low draw, and no flush draw, the "trips" can be quite powerful, ESPECIALLY IN THE NO LIMIT OMAHA GAMES.

ATE has seen people, call their whole stack, with a non-high-potential nut low draw.

the same applies, to a lessor extent, in pot limit. If they miss the turn, many players will still call the big turn bet, with a one-way low draw.

For this reason, ATE recommends that if you are playing a KK hand, that you make the minimum raise. This way, the bet on the turn can be pretty big, and you can either make 'em pay, or possibly protect your hand.

A minimum raise, really makes a BIG difference, in the turn bet.

adam the helpful genius

Joshssj4
07-10-2005, 07:52 PM
Are you.. retarded?

Mendacious
07-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Thx. ATE. Good advice just damn hard to do consistantly.

ADAMtheEXPERT
07-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Yes, it's people live you, who keep ATE writing. But, I grow tired, of the idiots, like the other person to respond.

again, it's really very very simple:

If you don't see the genius in ATE, then you just don't know anything about poker, and won't be a winner.

ATE has many, many fans, often VERY intelligent people.

Soon, I'm just going to go to a newsletter, so that PUNKS can no longer get to read, and then trash, my wonderful material

ADAMtheEXPERT
07-11-2005, 08:14 PM
uh, no I'm not, you know-nothing PUNK!

why don't you learn this game, and then comment. Why don't you get out of DIAPERS, and then comment.

Let's say the I WAS retarded, so the pluck what! This would not change the quality and pure GENIUS of my work.

Why don't yo u have some compassion, for those who ARE retarded, you spoiled bratty punk!

adam the helpful genius

Joshssj4
07-11-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
uh, no I'm not, you know-nothing PUNK!

why don't you learn this game, and then comment. Why don't you get out of DIAPERS, and then comment.

Let's say the I WAS retarded, so the pluck what! This would not change the quality and pure GENIUS of my work.

Why don't yo u have some compassion, for those who ARE retarded, you spoiled bratty punk!

adam the helpful genius

[/ QUOTE ]
It was a simple question. If you were in fact retarded, I would feel bad about making fun of your idiocy and apparent psychosis. But now that I know you aren't, well anyways apparently not retarded, I am free to critisize and make fun of your complete idiocy and raving psychotic tendencies.

jedi
07-12-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you.. retarded?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you asking this? It was a good post. A bit on the ranting side, but a good post nonetheless.

Joshssj4
07-12-2005, 09:03 PM
It has nothing to do with the context of his post. I thought it was particularily well done. It's the manner he writes it in which makes me question if he is in fact retarded.

jedi
07-13-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It has nothing to do with the context of his post. I thought it was particularily well done. It's the manner he writes it in which makes me question if he is in fact retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got it. Then we are in total agreement.