PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Poker By Sklansky

bigjohnn
07-09-2005, 04:37 PM
I noticed in a recent post in which people were asked to rate books out of 10, that Sklansky's Tournament Poker Fof Advanced Players was only getting average marks i.e. 6s and 7s. I'm wondering what comments people have about the book, and whether I should get it or not.

Are there better tournament texts than Sklansky's, other than HoH I&II? If so, what are they?

Cheers,

John

Jordan Olsommer
07-09-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Are there better tournament texts than Sklansky's, other than HoH I&II?

[/ QUOTE ]

To the best of my knowledge, hell no.

LLKOOLK1
07-09-2005, 07:05 PM
I truly belive that HoH 1 and 2 and Tournement poker for advaced players are truly the most complete tournement publications available. Other books may be more valuable for other areas, but when it comes to tornement poker, these are the best
-$LL$

lastchance
07-09-2005, 10:39 PM
Because I can sum up pretty much the best points of the entire book right here:
ICM (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=&Number=1122239&page=&view =&sb=5&o=&fpart=)

sammy_g
07-09-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are there better tournament texts than Sklansky's, other than HoH I&II? If so, what are they?

[/ QUOTE ]
these are the best 3 tournament books out there

bigjohnn
07-10-2005, 05:46 AM
Cheers guys,

Just ordered it on amazon /images/graemlins/smile.gif

John

ihaveapigyo
07-11-2005, 02:18 PM
I have read HOH vol.1, and I must say that it was the best book that i've read so far.

Has anyone read HOH vol.2? What's covered in the book, anything different than the first volume?

sammy_g
07-11-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone read HOH vol.2? What's covered in the book, anything different than the first volume?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, the book is about the later stages of NL tournaments. Very different material.

ihaveapigyo
07-11-2005, 02:41 PM
HOLY MOLY, THAT'S WHERE I STRUGGLE!!!!!!!!

I always do good early, but then I suck at the later stages lmao

LLKOOLK1
07-11-2005, 08:09 PM
HOH2 is by far and away the most influential tournement book that have read,IMHO. I really found the idea of inflection points, extremly helpful and clearly explained. I made 4 final tables in the week following reading Vol2..coincidence, maybe. But i defintly found myslef playing muchmore aware of my situation/and aggrssive, at points where other players were tightening up.
Great Read, and actually touches on things that have not been touched on before (a rarity in poker books latley).
-$LL$