PDA

View Full Version : Help build my bankroll.

BeerMoney
07-09-2005, 04:00 PM
This table was playing like a 3/6 table. All of my opponents seemed potentially fishy, although I had not been at this table that long.

Please decide how you play each st. before moving on to the next one.

7 Card Stud High ($10/$20), Ante $1, Bring-In $3 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

4th Street - (2.10 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

5th Street - (3.55 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls

6th Street - (11.55 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___raises

River - (19.55 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks
Hero: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks
Seat 8: xx xx A/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks

Total pot: (19.55 BB)

mscags
07-09-2005, 04:08 PM
I don't know if I like the raise on fifth. Even though this guy didn't complete I think it is definitely possible that this guy has Aces even though he limped in if this table is playing like a 3-6 table. On fifth Seat 4 called one already, so he isn't going to fold for one more bet and i don't know if you are ahead here. You didn't get seat 7 to fold either so I think I'm checking on sixth and trying to get a showdown as cheaply as possible. Am I way off on this?

whipsaw
07-09-2005, 04:28 PM
3rd Street- With two aces out, your QQ is probably ahead. After neither ace raises, you have to know it by then. I might have come in with a completion out of the gates.

4th Street- Definite bricks for Seats 4 & 7. The ace leading out after a second club looks like a flush draw to me, and Seat 3 might be going for that too. I like just calling.

5th- Looks like bricks for everyone, although your 2s and Ts are still live. I like the raise because it seems unlikely that anyone has aces.

6th- More bricks. When the ace doesn't lead out, that smells even more like a flush draw. I like betting here to make them pay for it. The check/raise is weird though, because if he had something big he would've reraised on 5th. Trip tens doesn't seem likely, since you have the one he caught would be the case. I would call down the raise.

7th- The ace not leading with a bet is even more baffling now. I think your QQ is good here since two pair would likely bet, but I agree that checking the end is right since the ace has played so weirdly IMHO.

Bogglor
07-09-2005, 05:17 PM
3rd street - Looks fine to me, I don't think you bring it in for the full amount with concealed queens.

4th street - Here's where I think you could have done something differently. Given that an ace was folded on 3rd street and the remaining ace did not raise on 3rd street, it's likely he's just betting the best board on 4th or possibly 4 clubs. I think you have to raise to define your hand here and eliminate seat 7 if possible. Yes, I know, everyone in the pot will call. I still think you have to do it. A raise from you here might give the other players the impression that you've made trip tens or two pair given that no other tens or twos have been seen (which is exactly what you want). You can't really put seat 7 on Kings just yet so it's likely that your queens are still best. If he calls the double bet cold though, you'll get better information about his hand. It appears if seat 3 is on a flush or straight draw of some type here as well.

5th street - I'm not crazy about the raise on this street as you could have gained similar information for cheaper on 4th. And one of your queens has fallen dead to seat 7. I'm looking for ways to fold this hand at this point.

6th street - You have to figure you're beaten here when he raises. There's just no way a 1 pair hand is good here.

7th street - Happy to check it down, I guess.

I'm not primarily a stud high player but thats my 2 cents.

grb137
07-09-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can't really put seat 7 on Kings just yet

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not? With only 2 other spades showing on 3rd and a multiway pot, seat 7s could have started with a three-flush, one of which being a king in the hole. Its not a hand he'd raise with, but definately worth seeing another card for on 4th. I know I would, hoping to catch 2pr, trips, or a 4flush on 5th.

Bogglor
07-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Well, mostly because its like monsters under the bed. You can't be afraid of every card that falls thats an overcard to your pair. That's playing scared poker. I like to gain information as cheaply as possible and raising here and making him call a double bet is the best way to tell whether or not the king helped his hand at all, in my opinion. If you merely call and he calls along with you, you're not gonna have much idea of what kind of a hand seat 7 has.