PDA

View Full Version : $30/60 QQ turn play

LarsVegas
07-09-2005, 04:00 PM
7-handed $30/60 on UltimateBet. Cut-off posts a big blind to enter the game.

UTG+1, who is loose-aggressive and quite fond of showdowns, open-raises. Folded to the small blind, who cold-calls. I 3-bet from the big blind with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+1 caps, SB calls and I call. 3 to the flop with 13 small bets in the pot.

Flop: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Small blind checks, I bet, UTG+1 folds, the small blind pauses for a while and calls.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Small blind checks. What's my line from this point on?

lars

Nightwish
07-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Any info on the SB?

This is one of those way ahead or way behind situations. If you bet the turn, you are only getting called by something that beats you. So I would check behind on the turn.

I would also hope that the river action goes check-check because there's no point putting any more bets into this pot. If the SB bets the river, you have to consider whether he's capable of doing it with a 9 or a pocket pair (the only reasonable hands he could have at this point that you still beat). Most reasonable players wouldn't try betting the river with something like that, but some might. In the absence of additional information, it's probably right to fold the river for a single bet.

DcifrThs
07-09-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any info on the SB?

This is one of those way ahead or way behind situations. If you bet the turn, you are only getting called by something that beats you. So I would check behind on the turn.

I would also hope that the river action goes check-check because there's no point putting any more bets into this pot. If the SB bets the river, you have to consider whether he's capable of doing it with a 9 or a pocket pair (the only reasonable hands he could have at this point that you still beat). Most reasonable players wouldn't try betting the river with something like that, but some might. In the absence of additional information, it's probably right to fold the river for a single bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

id rather bet the turn. that A is just as scary to him as it is to you. he had to think to call which means he likely doesn't have a good flush draw. maybe he has a naked ace. one can't be too happy w/ a naked ace.

OP said UTG1was fond of showdowns but he's not even in the hand...read on sb?

so if you bet and he calls with a worse hand you're set b/c you get a free showdown. if he folds a better hand (naked ace, bad diamond( then your also set. if the sb was more quick to call i'd be less likely to bet b/c he can have a diamond draw he likes. the thinking makes me wanna bet and hope he folds.

i usually bet this turn and hope he lays it down, that bet on the turn is the last one goin in the pot

-Barron

Senor Choppy
07-09-2005, 06:24 PM
Easy, easy bet on the turn.

Folding to a check-raise is painless, you probably have 0-2 outs if behind so a free card doesn't help, and you might get a 5-outer to fold. Letting a 5th diamond fall and have some totally random hand river a chop would also suck.

miami32
07-09-2005, 08:01 PM
I agree with barron.

-Robert

LarsVegas
07-12-2005, 03:21 AM
Not that it matter too much. I chose to bet the turn. And this was one of the occasions where my opponent folded. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nigel
07-12-2005, 03:27 AM
I agree with Barron, the fact that he appeared to be thinking on the flop makes this an easy bet.

He may have just been blowing his nose, but you might as well go with what you know. You might fold him off a winner here. Bet and fold to the raise or take the free showdown on the river.

Glad it worked for you.

Nigel