PDA

View Full Version : Too aggressive? Push QQ from button into a bunch of limpers

theredbaron
07-09-2005, 03:57 PM
I played this hand today. Table has been rather tight and lots of minraise, 1bet fold no flop crap. So, I have a good chip stack and pick up QQ on the button. Yum, yum, say I. To my horror, all but one player calls in. I sit and think for a while, then push all in. If someone limped AA or KK or AK so be it, I'll take that chance. :-)

So, there was only ONE stack that could take me out and I figured QQ was just to good to limp-fold. Was my all in a terrible mistake? I really, really did not want to see a flop, etc, but if I did, I did not want a buncha callers. With the pot already so large, any "normal" type raise might get two (or more callers). Seriously, don't laugh at me, normally QQ just gets all its chips in the middle, but this one actually made me stop and think.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP2 (t1820)
CO (t400)
Hero (t1805)
SB (t720)
BB (t485)
UTG (t1920)
MP1 (t850)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls t100, MP1 calls t100, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls t100, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1805 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls t750 (All-In), CO folds.

Flop: (t3005) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t3005) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t3005) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t3005

citanul
07-09-2005, 04:00 PM
looks great. my only concern is that the one guy who can bust you is an utg limper, so knowing something about him in particular would be worthwhile, but in general, i like the push here instead of just raising, since you know you're going to get at least one of the short stacks to come with you 90+% of the time, and your hand is real good.

citanul

theredbaron
07-09-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
looks great. my only concern is that the one guy who can bust you is an utg limper, so knowing something about him in particular would be worthwhile, but in general, i like the push here instead of just raising, since you know you're going to get at least one of the short stacks to come with you 90+% of the time, and your hand is real good.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Of course the caller had 33. /images/graemlins/confused.gif