PDA

View Full Version : London Trip Report... so far

Messy_Jesse
07-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok, here goes....

So I'm on my way to Finland via London, and have a three day layover in London. I check out the 'Brick and Mortar' forum, find a card club called 'Gutshot' and last night I made my way over for a $20 rebuy tournament with about 90 entrants. I have three beers before the tourney starts, and we're on our way.

The first hour goes by, and I have to rebuy twice. Once when my A /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif gets beaten by K /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif pre-flop and when my QT loses to T9 after an a 78T flop. Oh well. I rebuy, have a few more beers, and eventually my red snowmen hold off 9 /images/graemlins/club.gifT /images/graemlins/club.gif.... A little while later, my pocket rockets triple me up off of QQ and AK (soooted), and I'm in great chip position when I am moved to another table. A few beers, and even fewer hands later, I have about 30k in chips after some well-timed steals. By the time the final table comes around, I was drunk off my ass, and was arguing with the dealer over whether or not we're at the final table or not...

As it turned out, to my amazement, we WERE at the final table, and I'm the chipleader. I'm looking good until my AK loses to AT preflop. At this point, I've got about 9k in chips. The blinds are at 500/1000, and I slowly work my way up to 2nd in chips again. After calling a raise from the BB with Q7 and sucking out against AJ, I managed to hold onto my chips until it was three-handed. At this point, my drunken ass refuses to chop with the other players, but when I realized that if we chopped three-way that I'd receive more money than 2nd would have received, I give in and take my $1070 share of first prize. (here's the link for those that don't believe me, you bastards. I'm Jess, and make sure to convert those pounds to dollars at 2:1 : RESULT (http://gutshot.com/cardclub/card_results.php) .

Anyways, tonight I'm playing in the $200 buy-in tournament, and if this post gets more than three hits other than my own, I'll post the results of that too. Until then....

Drunkenly yours in the UK,

Jess

Newt_Buggs
07-09-2005, 05:40 PM
lol, just try to back off on the booze in the $200 event and you should be fine /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Messy_Jesse
07-09-2005, 05:57 PM
haha thanks newt... unfotrunately, too late... five beers later, im up to about 5k in chips (we got 4k to start)... got sucked out earlier with 7k in chips... haha we'll see how it goes.. haha ive got 4 beers beside my table, since the bar closed... haha gotta prepare...

SlackerMcFly
07-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Jesse - seems that the beer works for you. Stick with it! Sounds like fun, and I'm really glad to hear that you avoided the transit horrors.

Good luck! Slacker

Messy_Jesse
07-09-2005, 06:26 PM
argg... ra ised with Q9 with three players in.. one caller. Flop is QT9, I check, last player raises, I push, he calls.... he has AA, ive got two pair, turn comes T, I lose with two pair to his two pair... haha oh well, [censored] happens, and im glad that I won last ngiht... oh well, theres a $60 buyin tomorrow, and we'll see how it goes...

_Jess

stupidsucker
07-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Drunk American wins live tournament in London...

Sounds fairly scary to me.