PDA

View Full Version : Washington DC goers...

Crveballin
07-09-2005, 03:00 PM
Anyone ever been to club Spank (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=entertainment/profile&id=1072359&typeId=5) in NW? I might try it out tonight. From the link, it says its like the club B.E.D. in Miami. Been to B.E.D. and had fun so I'd thought id check it out.

mason55
07-09-2005, 03:10 PM
I have a feeling that it's just going to feel like a cheap rip off of B.E.D. B.E.D. Miami is about so much more than just the beds. I mean, yeah, the beds are a cool gimmick, but it's a the whole atmosphere of the club, the way it's so small and cozy, the types of DJs they get in there, the Miami sun and attitude and the general type of people that party at B.E.D. Miami.

I have a feeling that this place is going to be big, not cozy, and attempting to be glamorous and not super swank. It's also probably going to be full of your typical DC douchebags instead of typical Miami douchebags; the former are much less fun at a place like this than the latter.

However, having a private bed after Ultra on the last night of WMC this year was one of the best clubbing experiences of my life. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Crveballin
07-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Yeah, Im thinking along the same lines there. Atleast when I was in Miami, the majority of the people at BED were out of towners like myself so it was pretty friendly.

Spank is pretty close to Dupont so that pretty much speaks for itself if your familiar with the area. If I drop my keys im kicking them several blocks before I pick them up.

d10
07-09-2005, 03:54 PM
I've been there before. 1223 is by far the nicest club in DC. The place is always packed and the DJ is really good. The only problem is the place is filled with the Eurotrash type, and you're not going home with anyone there unless you can convince them you're richer than Bill Gates. One time I was talking to a girl I met there and she asked who I was there with, I pointed out a friend of mine, and she asked how much he makes. They don't try to hide their intentions at all. It's a difficult club to get into, and I don't think it's worth the trouble unless you've never been there before and you want to experience the finest club in DC. I only go when my friend goes because he gets a VIP table there so I don't have to deal with the trouble of getting in or paying for drinks. Otherwise I'll just stick to Adams Morgan.

Crveballin
07-10-2005, 02:30 AM
I agree. I didnt make it tonight because my baseball games ran long. I usually go to Georgetown or Adams Morgan. In Georgetown I like the Gaurds, Third Edition, and sometimes go to Rhino Bar even though they lost my credit card.

In Adams Morgan I usually hit up Adams Mill and the Reef.