PDA

View Full Version : $109s - Questionable Push?

Unarmed
07-09-2005, 01:21 PM
3rd push in 5 hands
Blinds up in 5 hands

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1515)
Button (t849)
SB (t3444)
BB (t3039)
UTG (t1153)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif and pushes.

raptor517
07-09-2005, 01:23 PM
first question.. why? yer pushing into the 2 big stacks in the sb and bb. also, button is likely to jump in with ANY pair and ANY ace to get the 450 dead in there as well using yer push protection. i dont like it. holla

freemoney
07-09-2005, 01:23 PM
i dont like it your fold equity isnt too good and you have enough of a stack

raptor517
07-09-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i dont like it your fold equity isnt too good and you have enough of a stack

[/ QUOTE ]

ewww.. i dont know if i can be nice about this one.. he has 5x the bb.. thats JUST right for fe imo. if he doesnt have enough of a stack, he should be shoving to BUILD a stack. hes hitting the blinds in 2 hands. the reason i DONT like a shove is posted above.. but i do like it to pick up that 450 and be able to eat a round of blinds.. but again, i dont like the shove in general, but not because of what freemoney just posted.. holla

freemoney
07-09-2005, 01:33 PM
i disagree, you kind of contradict yourself by saying he has enough FE to push and if he has less he should push to build a stack. also i dont think his FE is very high at all if he has pushed 3 out of 5 hands, i would be surprised if the avg 109 player laid down somethin like KT, and there are 3 people behind him that will call, if he has been real tight i think a push can be ok and i think you are over rating his FE against the average idiot at the 109s.

raptor517
07-09-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i disagree, you kind of contradict yourself by saying he has enough FE to push and if he has less he should push to build a stack. also i dont think his FE is very high at all if he has pushed 3 out of 5 hands, i would be surprised if the avg 109 player laid down somethin like KT, and there are 3 people behind him that will call, if he has been real tight i think a push can be ok and i think you are over rating his FE against the average idiot at the 109s.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do i contradict myself? he SHOULD be pushing to build a stack if hes doesnt have that much fe. he can take a call and double up. thats fine, its better than eating blinds. also, i said i DIDNT like the push. im NOT overrating his fe. period. i said i didnt like it, and i listed the reasons why. i was simply stating YOUR reasons for folding were flawed. holla

freemoney
07-09-2005, 01:43 PM
but i think its clear he has enough of a stack that he isnt desperate to push and then its more or less a math problem based upon his FE, its not like hes getting called by a worse hand.

vinyard
07-09-2005, 01:48 PM
This is right on the margin of what I think is pushable if you put the SB and BB as reasonably tight (66+, A9s, AJo+) and putting the button on a reasonable range (pairs, any two broadways, all aces, etc).

Given the frequency with which you have been pushing, I think you have to loosen up the ranges for BB and SB though and this hand becomes a pretty clear fold.

XXXNoahXXX
07-09-2005, 01:58 PM
Did you miss the part at the top where he said he has pushed 3 of the past 5 hands? With that leading in to this hand, I can't see the button or blinds folding anything halfway decent.

Scuba Chuck
07-09-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3rd push in 5 hands
Blinds up in 5 hands

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1515)
Button (t849)
SB (t3444)
BB (t3039)
UTG (t1153)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif and pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taking this hand in isolation, this looks like a good time to hit the fold button. Taking your current table history. This is a GREAT time to fold.

Nottom
07-09-2005, 03:23 PM
This is pretty much the worst spot for you to try and steal from.

raptor517
07-09-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is pretty much the worst spot for you to try and steal from.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea thats what i was trying to get across in my original post. holla

jcm4ccc
07-09-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Taking this hand in isolation, this looks like a good time to hit the fold button. Taking your current table history. This is a GREAT time to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]