PDA

View Full Version : Pissed off at Joe Millionaire

IrishHand
02-12-2003, 07:00 PM
So my wife and I sit down to watch what we're expecting to be the finale to Joe Millionaire Monday evening - they were down to two women after all. Then, we sit through 1 hour of television which contained about 5 minutes of new material. What the f&^k is that?!? I don't have a problem with "nest Monday - a special episode of Joe Millionaire where we go over the most exciting parts of the show" - I can freely ignore those, just like I do when Survivor does the same nonsense. Instead, I lose an hour of my life watching schlock I've already seen. Sad...

At any rate, those 5 minutes were most disheartening. All the evidence points towards the smoking, manipulative, superficial bondage freak being the winner. She serves up the tang - at least twice, plus my bet was he got smoked up when they went behind the castle that night, and she goes out of her way to express her affection for him on a regular basis. With Zora, he could easily come to the conclusion that she might not even be seriously interested in him, wholly apart from the fact that he allegedly has no money. If I were him, knowning what he seems to know, I'd pick the bondage freak too. *sigh*

Lastly, my wife informs me that this big "twist" will be that my man isn't po after all. What would be better than for him to choose one of them, tell her he's got no money, then she says "sorry, not gonna do it", then he says "ok - and by the way, I really am a millionaire you superficial, money-grubbing ho" or something like that.

And I used to like the butler, but recently, I've been getting the urge to smack the melodrama out of him.

whiskeytown
02-12-2003, 07:35 PM
well...strictly speaking...I knew they had 7 episodes, and couldn't figure out the math on how they were gonna get that out with 2 left.

pissed me off with the reruns though...I actually left to get tacos...LOL -

found out something interesting though...I got a friend who's a friend of Melissa (curly haired girl booted from last week) - she's from Minneapolis. Turns out that customer service rep. actually translates into bartender- LOL

HDPM
02-12-2003, 08:16 PM
"All the evidence points towards the smoking, manipulative, superficial bondage freak being the winner.
She serves up the tang - at least twice,....."

And your problem is.....? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Homer
02-13-2003, 10:50 AM
It's amazing that a 6-7 week series could have a clip show episode.

I actually heard that the butler will turn out to be a millionaire (maybe he owns the chateau or something).

-- Homer

IrishHand
02-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Great news! Those monkeys at Fox are getting bashed a bit for Monday's stupidity. CNN - Viewers vow boycott over 'Millionaire' (http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/TV/02/13/joe.millionaire.ap/index.html)

I don't know how the butler having money would be a "big twist" - he's not even involved in the show in anything other than a totally peripheral role. It would be different if he'd been man enough to run around chasing skirts throughout the show. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif