PDA

View Full Version : playing small pairs

bbschene
07-09-2005, 11:47 AM
when i have a small pair im my hand, and do not flop a set, should i continue for one small bet to the turn to see if i improve?

DemonDeac
07-09-2005, 11:59 AM
it depends

Greg J
07-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Yr new, and I expect this thread to drop like a brick, so will try to help with some quick advice.

In hold em, the pot has to be really large to call one bet to see the turn. Like at least 20 or so small bets. Otherwise, you will be too big of a longshot. This illustrates how most of the decisions you make are determined by pot size in proportion to bet size. Plus, you need to be pretty sure it won't be raised behind you if you call. If you are closing the betting then this makes it better.

ihaveapigyo
07-09-2005, 01:10 PM
There are too many people out there who will call with any freakin two cards lol

csuf_gambler
07-10-2005, 05:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when i have a small pair im my hand, and do not flop a set, should i continue for one small bet to the turn to see if i improve?

[/ QUOTE ]

you need 22.5 to 1

iluzion
07-10-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you need 22.5 to 1

[/ QUOTE ]

That is if you are certain to not be ahead already, not have other outs, and are always going to be ahead when you hit.