PDA

View Full Version : Comments on this stud 8 hand?

bigredlemon
07-09-2005, 07:46 AM
7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___completes___calls
Seat 3: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (15.38 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___raises
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___raises___calls

5th Street - (12.19 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

6th Street - (15.19 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls

River - (18.19 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___checks
Hero: K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks

Total pot: (18.19 BB)

I wasn't sure if I wanted to get in on this mess on third. Gut instinct said aces when he reraised the J. I thought about it for awhile and decided to plunge in b/c of my ace kicker. Anyone go for a check raise again on 5th? I thought about folding 5th but decided to call it down because of the size of the pot.

No reads as I just sat down, but he turned out to be super LAG. He's raised a completion twice with 278 2suited in the last 10 hands alone, and has stayed in to fifth about 50-75% of the time.

empty
07-12-2005, 03:58 AM
DO NOT PLAY: KKA. almost no scooping possiblity. Fold on 3rd dude.

bigredlemon
07-12-2005, 04:09 AM
You are wildly wrong.
A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif scoops HU against 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif more often. Against 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, KK will scoop almost twice as often.

arcticfox
07-12-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
DO NOT PLAY: KKA. almost no scooping possiblity. Fold on 3rd dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you mean do not play it in this specific hand. KKA has huge value in stud/8, especially if you can get it heads up early as often the low will not make the low and you will scoop high only. With no reads I fold this on 3rd though, no point getting involved in a big multi-way pot with a high only.

arcticfox
07-12-2005, 04:25 AM
Not sure how you check raise on 5th when its bet to you!

I call it down too having got to 5th and hope to hit 2 pair by the river, although seat 1's betting is puzzling. With seat 1 to act behind you it could be expensive but his calling down on 4th suggests he will not raise 5th.

count1
07-12-2005, 09:14 AM
I fold on 3rd with this one. Good raise though as you were able to get heads up with the presumed lows. Good raise on 4th as well, I would play it the same after 4th as you are pretty much committed to this hand. I don't like to play high pairs in hi/lo as I have a tendency to overplay them, particularly aces.

mscags
07-12-2005, 12:29 PM
You've got a monster usually BRL, but I think this is going to be one of those situations where you *might* be ahead, but you are definitely at a playing disadvantage. You are going to be in the dark in this whole hand, and once you see fifth you stuck until the end. Fold this one on third and wait for a better chance.

empty
07-12-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are wildly wrong.
A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif scoops HU against 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif more often. Against 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, KK will scoop almost twice as often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this heads up? Or are there 4 people in the pot infront of hero, 3 already showing strength?