View Full Version : QQ set all-in postflop early 10+1

IvyGrizzly
07-09-2005, 06:11 AM
No hh
Blinds 10/20

Relevant stacks:
CO+1: ~1400
Hero on the button: ~720

My read on villain is that he is a loose bluffing player who likes to play a lot of pots, earlier when I held 10-10 I limped, a 250 chip shorty pushed and villain reraised, I folded and he showed down A10s.

1 limper, Villain raises to 40, I reraise to 120 with QQ, blinds fold, limper folds, villain calls. Flop is KK8, he checks, I bet the pot, he calls. Turn is a 9, and he sets me all-in. I now have exactly 400 left, what do you do (I'm sure I'll be told that my flop bet should have been more like half the pot)?

Isura
07-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Yeah, bet less on the flop. That leaves you more options on the turn. In your hand, I don't see how you can get away from this. He'll have a smaller pair or some random junk more often than a K. I might even raise less or cold call (cold call if I was button and no one else had limped) in a party 800 chip game . I'd rather keep the pot smaller early against a raiser with QQ.

adanthar
07-09-2005, 01:04 PM
Check behind on the flop and play it from there.

Chances are he doesn't have a K, but he'll be betting the turn and river with a LOT of hands and you can easily call him down. Giving free cards on that board isn't a problem at all.

raptor517
07-09-2005, 01:20 PM
i like a check behind on the flop as well. i wouldnt bet until the river on this flop if he checks it the whole way. played out the way you did, im sure not folding on the turn though. thats an autocall. holla

Oluwafemi
07-09-2005, 02:32 PM
the guy mini-raised preflop 1xBB.

reraise: to 90-100. no need to reraise so high. your reraise at this blind level tells him that you have a good hand but it also safeguards you when a flop comes down like this or one with an Ace. easier and cheaper to get away from the ladies.

i would also strongly think about checking the flop instead of betting the pot or lower. at this level, many dumb players call raises with Kx hands, especially when suited. judging by the way he played the turn, he could have A A, K x, A K, 8 8, or 9 9. with the Kings on the flop, it's easy to fold on the turn to a big bet.

IvyGrizzly
07-09-2005, 07:16 PM
I think I bet the pot on the flop because I was afraid of being pushed off of the hand when I felt it was best, Adanthar's line of check/calling would probably have been better.

I called on the turn, pretty much based entirely on my read of the player, and he showed down a whiffed AQs. Would you guys make this call if you didn't have a read on the villain? His call on the flop and then push on the turn didn't make any sense to me, as if he wanted to set me all-in it makes more sense (to me) to reraise on the flop, and if he wanted to try to trap me through the hand he could easily afford to check again on the turn.

lastchance
07-09-2005, 08:21 PM
I'd still make the call, because Villains at the $11's are donks, but it'd be harder. I think betting the flop is better than Adanthar is saying because you will get paid with hands like AQs calling or smaller PP's, or 8's calling your flop bet.