PDA

View Full Version : A/A from small blind

marchron
07-09-2005, 05:21 AM
Villain is a solid player. I, on the other hand, have simply been hemorrhaging chips.

Advice on all streets, please.

.25/.50, 8-handed

Preflop: <font color="green">marchron</font> is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="green">marchron raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB calls</font>.

Flop: (4 SB) 10/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="green">marchron bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB calls</font>.

Turn: (3 BB) 10/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="green">marchron bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="green">marchron reraises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, <font color="green">marchron calls</font>.

River: (11 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="green">marchron checks</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="green">marchron calls</font>.

Final Pot: 12.5 BB (after rake)

bottomset
07-09-2005, 05:25 AM
I don't like the turn 3bet

moot
07-09-2005, 05:28 AM
Preflop: Fine. Looks like a steal, so you have to factor that in to your image for the hand (since a solid player will be considering such things).

Flop: Fine.

Turn: I'd probably just call the raise. Yes, if you're behind to trips you still have some decent flush outs, but that doesn't mean you have to raise just because your hand might get better. I don't think the chance that you're ahead plus your equity to improve if behind is high enough against this solid player, though it depends on how tricky he is.

River: Tough. After the cap it's pretty hard to see you winning this hand. I think you can check-fold here. Had you only called his raise on the turn a check-call might be in order. But with him capping your 3bet he's basically told you that you're losing. I don't hate a check-call, but I think I'm leaning towards a fold.

EDIT == A lot of this depends on the image he has of you. If he thinks it was a pure steal he might make this same play with only a Q, so you might want to pay it off. If it hadn't been for the fact that your intial play looks like a steal I'd be much more in favor of a fold on the river.

imported_CaseClosed326
07-09-2005, 05:35 AM
I am in favor of not three betting the turn and just calling down from there.

TomBrooks
07-09-2005, 07:19 AM
TURN: Just call. Your likely behind a set of tens now.

RIVER: Call OK. I've seen donks who think they have a better hand because they have one from their hand and the board paired. Other than that your losing, but it's worth a call. Villian could be bluffing the scare card too.

marchron
07-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I feared trip-10s after his raise, but even though he was a solid player, because I figured him for a steal defense his range of hands were just so wide I couldn't put him on any one hand. I certainly didn't want to yield to MUBS with a hand like pocket aces.

Of course, his turn cap told me he had a 10, and if I had the gumption to ever fold aces I probably should have done it on the river.

SmileyPSU
07-09-2005, 02:31 PM
Preflop and flop plays look good.

I wouldn't cap the turn, just call the raise and check-call the river unless the fourth club falls.

TomBrooks
07-09-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if I had the gumption to ever fold aces...

[/ QUOTE ]
Remember, a pair of Aces is only 1 Pair.