PDA

View Full Version : suiteds making two pairs and trips?

sdplayerb
02-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Greg on your statement: Don't forget that suited hands make two-pair and trips more often than unsuited hands. If you disagree with me on this statement, please start a new thread to discuss, since it is off-topic for this one.

I respect your game too much for me to disagree..but what am I missing as i can't figure out why that would be.

SD

sdplayerb
02-13-2003, 05:19 PM
I think I get it.
Those times you don't get your suit, you have an increased chance of hitting your cards, thus increasing the chance of getting two pair or three of a kind..correct?

pokerlover
02-13-2003, 05:44 PM
It makes 2 pair and trips more often because you are more likely to play suited cards than unsuited.

Greg (FossilMan)
02-13-2003, 07:07 PM
There are plenty of flops where you play on with suited cards because of the flush draw, but would fold the same ranks if unsuited. Some of those times you go on to improve without actually making the flush, and sometimes that improvement is enough to win.

AhJh on a flop of Ad9h7h is a good example. If I convinced you I held AQ or better, you would often muck AJo, but at least call with the nut flush draw. Then, you sometimes catch the J to win.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)