PDA

View Full Version : 96s, $1/2 6-max

newfant
07-09-2005, 03:40 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (22 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Comments on all streets appreciated.

Dave G.
07-09-2005, 03:58 AM
Flop looks okay.

Why the turn raise? It looks like BB has a set. You can make your flush and lose to a higher flush (rare, but people could be hanging on to flush draws here) or to a boat (not so rare given the action), so your flush isn't worth 9 outs. I'd give 6 outs for your flush and 3 more for your gutshot for 9 outs. A 6 or a 9 is very unlikely to give you the best hand here and are not worth any outs.

So you have 9 outs. Your equity with 9 outs is 19.6%. You are contributing 20% of the pot at this point, and that's only if everyone calls your raise. Button and SB are more likely to fold when it's 2 cold to them, so you can't be guaranteed of even that. You already have an equity deficit, so your raise is -EV even if everyone calls. If anyone folds, your raise is much worse in terms of EV.

Call the turn and fold the river if your draws don't come in. I think your river call is pretty thin here. You have two to act behind you and BB almost certainly has you toast.

Niediam
07-09-2005, 04:08 AM
Preflop is a little loose.

Flop looks good.

I see no reason to raise the turn.

I think you have to call the river. The pot has become big, you have a real hand to show down, and the people behind you have not shown much strength.

siccjay
07-09-2005, 04:42 AM
Fold preflop.

The rest of the hand shouldn't have happened.

bottomset
07-09-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

this looks like a soft very profitable table, preflop is fine, maybe a little thin, but def. not something that needs idiotic comments like this

I don't like the turn raise

siccjay
07-09-2005, 04:59 AM
How is it Idiotic? It's very obvious that this player should have folded this hand preflop.

bottomset
07-09-2005, 05:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How is it Idiotic? It's very obvious that this player should have folded this hand preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is it very obvious

if hero was on the button with this hand and 2limpers its an 100% obvious call, in the CO its maybe a little closer, but still pretty easy call ... its not a huge +EV situation, but its +EV, I wouldn't make a habit of folding these type of situations all that often

moot
07-09-2005, 05:42 AM
I can live with the preflop but I absolutely hate the turn raise. Why raise here? I can understand the flop, because you have a flush draw, a gutshot, position, a chance to maybe take a free card, and a chance to perhaps free-up some overcard outs.

But on the turn your equity is much lower, and the free card play no longer applies. It's also less likely that you'll free up any overcard outs since those people will be gone on the flop if they ever plan on leaving.

But raising the turn, when you miss you're screwed, and when you hit you actually make less money, because now no one in EP is going to bet into you on the river so you can raise.

Also, with the raise you scare off a lot of the weaker hands that you really wanted to keep around to pad this pot with your draw that really isn't that great on the turn. Yes, I guess you now have a double gutshot, but I'd still rather call here.

The turn raise is pretty bad in my opinion.

Paying off the river is probably okay, since the pot is very large, but it doesn't look good at this point. You can almost fold. Maybe you should.

newfant
07-09-2005, 05:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But raising the turn, when you miss you're screwed, and when you hit you actually make less money, because now no one in EP is going to bet into you on the river so you can raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. The turn raise was definitely loose. I was just hoping to build a big pot for those times when I hit on the river.

I think I also got lucky with the flop 3-bet in that everybody and their brother stayed in. I probably should have just called BB's flop raise. With a call on the flop, I steal EV from the other callers which makes up for the EV that BB is likely stealing from me.

newfant
07-09-2005, 05:59 AM
BB shows 32 and scoops a monster.

TomBrooks
07-09-2005, 06:25 AM
PREFLOP: I don't play 69s at 1/2 6 max and my VPIP is 32.4. What is yours? On the other hand, I don't usually see six people to the flop, so maybe on this table its OK.

FLOP: OK

TURN: OK, you have more draws on this board than Carter has pills, including an overcard. Your gutshot turned into an OESD (double gutshot.)

RIVER: gOOt. You made a hand. Top Pair.

newfant
07-09-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play 69s at 1/2 6 max and my VPIP is 32.4. What is yours?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 38% VPIP and 10% pfr.

beset7
07-09-2005, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the preflop call is that bad but I would have folded preflop.

After that: flop looks ok to me but I'm not raising the turn. With 22bb in the pot I pay it off.

EDIT: I just read the post where you said you are at 39/10. That's nuts even for 6max. If you want to play LAG I'd shoot for about 30/20.

DeathDonkey
07-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Hey newfant,

Fold the river dude that wasn't one of your outs. I like the rest.

-DeathDonkey

Niediam
07-09-2005, 04:07 PM
You need to raise more. Do you try and steal blinds?

FlyWf
07-09-2005, 04:36 PM
What's the justification for calling the river?

It's a big pot, but multiple people stayed around for a capped flop. You have to give somebody credit for something. Overpairs, two pair, sets, other good draws. What hands are you seeing at showdown that you beat?

TomBrooks
07-09-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What hands are you seeing at showdown that you beat?

[/ QUOTE ]You only have to win this about 1 time in 23 to make a call worthwhile and you do have top pair. No one else in the hand has shown any agression yet besides SB. I think it's worth a call. Hopefully no one raises behind you.