PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football Keeper syatems

cookieb
07-09-2005, 02:33 AM
My league is considering a switch to a keeper syatem, just curious what are some of the rules that your leagues use?

judgesmails
07-09-2005, 05:48 AM
You must have a very stable league, i.e. most owners play consecutive seasons, for this to be fair.

Most abandoned teams are bad and have very little, if any, carry over value and the new owners will be at a dissadvantage if they are forced to inherit these "franchises".

One cool incentive we came up with was to allow one "keeper" per year, per team, only if the player was picked in the 5th round or later in the draft - free agents were not eligible. This rewarded the owners who played more than one season in our league and could find a "diamond in the rough" without penalizing new owners and making it impossible for them to get established stars on thier team in the draft.

Crveballin
07-09-2005, 10:14 AM
With baseball you want to have your league keep somewhere between 5-9 players depending on how many teams you have in the league and how deep the teams are. With football its a different story.

Because the teams usually dont have a large roster, I would suggest keeping 3-5 people per year. As judgesmails said, you need to have a really stable league.

When playing for money, I suggest for the first year you charge the full price and half the price for next year. This way when you collect money, you are getting people to pay for half of the current year and half of the next year each year. If they leave the league then they lose that half of the buy-in.

The Armchair
07-09-2005, 10:32 AM
PM me an email address and I'll send you my league's rules. Best rules ever.

Edit: Actually, I'll post the rules here when I get a chance. May be a few weeks though.

BadBoyBenny
07-09-2005, 09:22 PM
My league keeps 6 players, however, we started keeping 3 from the first year and adding a keeper each year, it was somewhat of a gradual conversion.

One thing to consider is if a playoff contender is allowed to trade a prospect during the playoffs for someone with immediate impact on the next game.