PDA

View Full Version : Oh my, my aggression... ;)

AdamL
07-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Tight table, but two loose callers in this one.

SB pauses before calling on the flop, I decide he isn't happy with his hand (or is really, really happy) and bet the turn ready to fold to a raise.

Standard? How many here give up against loose players who call this flop?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Vote4Pedro
07-09-2005, 02:27 AM
I like it...whats you plan if the rivers a blank?

AdamL
07-09-2005, 02:41 AM
after he calls the turn, check through the river. I think he calls the river with whatever he wanted to fold on the flop after calling the turn.

boy is that one confusing way of wording it. Let me try again.

If he was thinking of folding at some point, it was on the turn after making a marginal flop call. Once he calls the turn, I think he has decided to see a showdown. So I'm checking through a river blank.

TomBrooks
07-09-2005, 02:45 AM
This is a risky play with two overcards in the playing zone. If SB calls the turn, you have to bet out again on the river or you've wasted all your money so far and you might as well have check/folded the flop. Sometimes this play works on this board. Probably not enough to make it worth it.

AdamL
07-09-2005, 02:54 AM
I agree with the part about risk.

I don't think you have to bet the river. You know, fish will sometimes call on the flop with marginal hands they won't see a showdown with. But I don't see them going to the river and then giving up for one more bet with their marginal hands, and he sure isn't folding a queen on the river. The time for a fish to dump is on the turn. If he calls the turn, pure draws aside, then he crosses the Rubicon for a showdown.

The best I can hope for after he calls the turn is that he is on the straight draw or is way out on a limb with bottom pair, and I check through and win. Those aren't often against the times he has J's or Q's, so it's not a value bet either.

^^^

Tom, I'm curious what you think of this... Still disagree? What is wrong with the reasoning above if so.

Nfinity
07-09-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a risky play with two overcards in the playing zone. If SB calls the turn, you have to bet out again on the river or you've wasted all your money so far and you might as well have check/folded the flop. Sometimes this play works on this board. Probably not enough to make it worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really get this. You will have to explain it more.

Your bet on the flop is continued agression. Theres a possibility you may still have the best hand, you don't want this checked through, and you don't want to get chased off by a random bet from A-high when you show weakness.

On the other hand, with that blank Turn, If called, there is no way we are ahead enough times to be profitable against a passive player. I think the correct play is to check all rivers through UI.

I probably would also have to fold to a donkbet on the River.

Forgive me if I'm wrong.

aK13
07-09-2005, 05:27 AM
Betting turn, checking river is standard IMO.

bottomset
07-09-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so you play too loose and SCARED

come on bro he's a loose caller he can have all sorts of stuff here, much of which we beat

I have no clue why you think betting the turn forces you to bet the river, we aren't bluffing here, its value betting a bad player, something we live off of

c/f the flop is weaksauce

imported_CaseClosed326
07-09-2005, 05:32 AM
I like your plan for this hand so far. He could have almost anything in this hand. A 6,Q,J or naked ace, I like betting the turn as well, and checking behind on a blank river.

AdamL
07-09-2005, 02:55 PM
I have to say, if it weren't for his hesitation on the flop call I would certainly have checked through the turn. I don't think betting the turn after being called by loose player here is standard.

blackize
07-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Hesitation at these levels usually means a weak draw. At least that is my experience. I would expect to see 8T or K9 maybe KT or 9T