PDA

View Full Version : $55 8table all 3rd- How do you handle ITM on all 8 tables?! :(

AA suited
07-09-2005, 12:48 AM
This is the 1st time i've ever had a shot at the Holy Grail. and I blew it BIG TIME!

1) yes, i'm happy that i made $, but also frustrated at myself at same time /images/graemlins/frown.gif

2) i should have probably ignored the tables where i was short stacked and concentrated on the other tables. trying to play for 1st on all 8 was -EV vs concentrating on just 5.

any suggestions on how to play when ITM on all 8 tables?! (1/3 of the the tables i was bigstack..sigh)

Mr_J
07-09-2005, 01:33 AM
"any suggestions on how to play when ITM on all 8 tables?!"

Push most hands.

Benholio
07-09-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
any suggestions on how to play when ITM on all 8 tables?! (1/3 of the the tables i was bigstack..sigh)

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep a towel handy for cleanup?

DonButtons
07-09-2005, 03:50 AM
just take your time preflop, dont rush it, I play very slow in these situations...nice job

runner4life7
07-09-2005, 03:52 AM
I become a pushaholic and hope my luckbox is plugged in.

Newt_Buggs
07-09-2005, 06:13 AM
unfortunately I've never had this problem /images/graemlins/blush.gif. Congrats though, it sounds like your luck has turned after that nasty streak you were on.

AA suited
07-09-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I become a pushaholic and hope my luckbox is plugged in.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i did. I just pushed w/any one face card, any 2 suited cards, and any 2 connectors. result = 3rd place in all tables /images/graemlins/frown.gif (i normally dont play this way 3 handed but i just did not have time to analyze any table.)

<font color="red"> So you guys have good results in pushing alot 3 handed and my results were just variance? </font>

AA suited
07-09-2005, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Donbuttons wrote:
just take your time preflop, dont rush it, I play very slow in these situations...nice job

[/ QUOTE ]

I just didnt have time to think with all the tables beeping at me.

i guess you get used to it and adjust with more Holy Grail chances you get? /images/graemlins/cool.gif

AA suited
07-09-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Newt wrote:
unfortunately I've never had this problem /images/graemlins/blush.gif. Congrats though, it sounds like your luck has turned after that nasty streak you were on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thx Newt. My luckbox has new batteries. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But after this Holy Grail chase, i think it's time to replace them again. (and these special luckbox batteries are a b*tch to find /images/graemlins/smile.gif )

jon462
07-09-2005, 12:51 PM
why dont you try staggering your sets so this doesnt happen too often?

AA suited
07-09-2005, 08:35 PM
8 3rd place finishes= $360 profit

today, i came in 1,1,1,2,4 otm = $460 profit

yup, chasing the Holy Grail in all 8 of those tables for 1st was major -EV. I should have ignored the tables i was short stacked to concentrate on the other tables.

on a side note, my luckbox is only working every other set now. (i was 1 out of 8 itm my last set, and it was 3rd.)

Luckbox repairman wanted. Will pay top $ /images/graemlins/smile.gif