PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Hand

AussieBattler
07-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Hi, Im a first time poster so pls be nice /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Played this hand the other day and would appreciate comments on my play AND of 2 opponents. Will post result later so feel free to comment on what you think they held.

No read on CO as he just posted BB. Only had a few hands on Button but appeared to be selectively aggresive (couldnt tell if TA or LA at time hand was played)

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (7 handed)
Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (15 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 27 BB

Kumubou
07-09-2005, 12:09 AM
Why are you raising on the flop there? You have a backdoor flush and a single overcard. This checkraise is getting rid of no one, and it sure as hell is not for value.

Turn meh. No escape here, although the button waking up hard on the random turn is no g00t.

I call his raise on the river. He can see the four-flush, and does not care anything about it. He either has the goods, is now waaaaay overplaying trip Ks, or he is bluffing his ass off. His most likely hand here is 66 for the boat (given the flop and turn action -- it's very likely on that flop that his 66 was the best hand).

-K

Dave G.
07-09-2005, 12:19 AM
ATo is a raise or fold hand preflop. Limping this is no good because the hand performs poorly when there are many people in the pot. You need to raise to thin the field and improve your position on the field, as well as protect your hand from domination.

Your flop raise is very strange. What are you trying to achieve? Folding the flop is correct. You're getting only 7:1 on your call, you have only one overcard and it could be subject to domination. Additionally, if anyone does have a K, your A outs are almost worthless. In a field this big a K is likely. Calling this flop is a significant error, raising it is a blunder. You are pouring money into a pot you have very little chance of winning.

You're tied to the pot on the turn with the flush draw so that looks standard.

I call the river raise. Buttons most likely holding on the flop was a K of some sort. He doesn't seem to care about you waking up on the river on a very scary board. He is telling you he can beat your flush. Believe him.

Welcome to the forums.

AussieBattler
07-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Thanks Kumubou. I thought he might be on a steal on the flop and just wanted to test him a bit. Would normally have folded in this situation but tried something different whilst being prepared to fold turn if a blank hit.....

Rev. Good Will
07-09-2005, 12:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ATo is a raise or fold hand preflop. Limping this is no good because the hand performs poorly when there are many people in the pot. You need to raise to thin the field and improve your position on the field, as well as protect your hand from domination.

[/ QUOTE ]

...hmmm, PF is gay and all, but I always though ATo was only good for raising only to steal the blinds, or to isolate with.

I don't know about poorly in multi-way pots, I'd take ATo over most suited connectors PF anyday of the week.

just my thoughts...

AussieBattler
07-09-2005, 12:36 AM
Thanks Guys. youve essentially confirmed what I was thinking regarding flop and river. Much Appreciated.

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Th As (flush, ace high).
CO has Js 5s (flush, king high).
Button has 6d Kd (full house, kings full of sixes).
Outcome: Button wins 27 BB. </font>

Dave G.
07-09-2005, 12:52 AM
I prefer to wait until late position to play ATo, and if there's too many limpers I just fold it. It's great to take short handed and against the blinds.

I think if you want to play this earlier though you need to raise to fold hands such as AJo and Kxs. Some people even lay down AQo to a raise.