PDA

View Full Version : Changing file systems

mmbt0ne
07-08-2005, 11:29 PM
New PokerTracker uses PostgreSQL. In order to install PostgreSQL, I need to use NTFS file format. I have a FAT file format right now. How do I change this, and, much more importantly, how much [censored] is this going to cause?

Dead
07-09-2005, 05:02 AM
link (http://home.earthlink.net/~lreynol929/ruXP/SysTools/convert.htm)

stabn
07-09-2005, 01:31 PM
convert c: /fs:ntfs /X

Freakin
07-09-2005, 02:32 PM
deltree c:\*.* |y

Dead
07-09-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shut the [censored] up. and it's deltree /y c:\*.*

Freakin
07-09-2005, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, it's been a while since I converted filesystems.

Freakin

CORed
07-11-2005, 11:35 PM
A few notes. To use ntfs, you need Windows XP(Home or professional), 2000 or NT 4.0. If you have Windows 9x or ME, you are SOL(unless you upgrade). The "deltree" command that a couple of "helpful" posters are telling you to use will delete your entire C drive. Fortunately, it doesn't exist on Windows XP. I'm not sure about 2000. It does exist on 9x and ME. The "convert" command is the correct command to use. You should back up your hard drive (or at least any data files that you can't afford to use first. Note that you should be doing this regularly anyway. The "convert" program is pretty safe, but a power outage or crash while it's in progress could possibly cause loss or corruption of data.

stabn
07-12-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, it's been a while since I converted filesystems.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]
Deltree doesn't work on any system that can convert to NTFS anyway. You want rd /s/q.

Freakin
07-12-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A few notes. To use ntfs, you need Windows XP(Home or professional), 2000 or NT 4.0. If you have Windows 9x or ME, you are SOL(unless you upgrade). The "deltree" command that a couple of "helpful" posters are telling you to use will delete your entire C drive. Fortunately, it doesn't exist on Windows XP. I'm not sure about 2000. It does exist on 9x and ME. The "convert" command is the correct command to use. You should back up your hard drive (or at least any data files that you can't afford to use first. Note that you should be doing this regularly anyway. The "convert" program is pretty safe, but a power outage or crash while it's in progress could possibly cause loss or corruption of data.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're just trying to have a good time, narc.

Freakin

*EDIT: http://www.bash.org/?26369 Funny and ontopic, very SFW.

Freakin

CORed
07-13-2005, 12:52 PM
I'm sure your just trying to be funny, but if somebody is actually clueless enough to try the deltree /y c:\, they probably won't think it's very funny.