PDA

View Full Version : Am I weak tight?

DRKEVDC
07-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (7 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Should I have re-raised on the river. My thinking is that he has hit the boat.

newfant
07-08-2005, 11:22 PM
I wouldn't reraise this river with just a pair on a paired board. If the SB is bluffing, he will likely fold to a re-raise. If he's not bluffing then you're putting 4 bets in instead of 2 when you have no chance to win.

Kumubou
07-08-2005, 11:24 PM
No. A river checkraise from your typical PP goon usually means he has what he is representing. We call here because typically does not mean always, and you will see an idiot c/ring his 'two pair' or absolute air more than once every thirteen occurances.

(Now if you have a read where the player gets off on random river bluff checkraises, then yeah punch him in the face with a 3-bet.)

-K

Vote4Pedro
07-08-2005, 11:24 PM
3betting this river would be pretty silly...everything looks very good/standard, nh

Jaran
07-09-2005, 12:26 AM
Thinking he hit a boat is not good. He prolly has a 4, though. Any read? Without a read, I'm calling.

-Jaran

Sinnister
07-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Yes... you are.

Sinnister
07-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Just kidding..

Aaron W.
07-09-2005, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I have re-raised on the river. My thinking is that he has hit the boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think it's a boat? This means that you think you were chasing two pair or a set the whole time...

webgator
07-09-2005, 02:16 AM
Your call was fine.

My guess is he played A4, making his set.

TomBrooks
07-09-2005, 02:48 AM
This table is too tight. Limp/ReRaise AA.

Don't reraise the river. He has slowplayed a straight, just made trips or two pair, or he is a donk. I can't tell if he's a donk from here.

Kumubou
07-09-2005, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This table is too tight. Limp/ReRaise AA.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really bad idea. That is just inviting people to press their luck and try to whammy your rockets out of existence. If they are going to do that, at least charge them the maximum for the privilige. LRRing UTG here basically announced "I got aces!" and you either get no action when they brick or you get rocked by someone's trash two-pair/set/draw.

(I would only LRR with a monstar if I had a maniac at the table who is better than even odds to raise on any given hand. That and there was one crazy time I limped 88 UTG, got raised by UTG+1, then had four cold-callers plus the blind come along anyway. Crazy circumstance.)

The general answer is if people respect your raises too much, keep raising! Ram-jam until people get sick of your LAGgy act.

-K