PDA

View Full Version : Collusion or "implicit collusion" ?

tminus
07-08-2005, 10:38 PM
I was playing STT on Potty Poker where two players were chatting away with eachother about how there were going to play their hands and instructing eachother how to play during the bubble. One player was saying while he was in a hand :

"dont worry im not calling"
"greg u gotta make a move"
"all in here works"
"u just wanna place"

The other player was a bit more passive and never verbally agreed to do anything but they were the only two using the chat box during the whole game.

I sent Party Poker an email and they said that this is not collusion because there was no history of monetary transaction, etc. I could give a damn if they knew eachother but this clearly affects the outcome of the game. Im just not sure if this is "implicit collusion" or actual cheating.

ewing55
07-08-2005, 10:41 PM
I really don't like what they did, but if I was in Party's position it is kind of hard to "convict" them of collusion.

I would vote "not guilty," but not innocent.

---------------Jeff

microbet
07-08-2005, 10:46 PM
A bit hard to tell without seeing the hand history, but "Don't worry, I'm not calling" sounds like collusion. The rest sounds like coaching.

Seems like just asking them to stop might work here.

clutch
07-08-2005, 11:11 PM
It's garbage and they shouldn't do it. I've been on tables twice where a player has asked another player something like, "Should I call?" or "Should I push?" around the bubble. I ask them to stop and they start bitching at me as though they've done nothing wrong because they're too stupid to realize that it does affect the outcome of the game. I reported them and each time they had their chat banned.

At best, it's poor etiquette.

45suited
07-09-2005, 12:34 AM
The guy that wrote, "don't worry, I'm not calling" should have his chat removed.

I apply a simple rule to questions of internet etiquette - If the action of the player is something that would get his teeth knocked out at a B&M tournament, it's not proper and should face some sort of sanctions.

Obviously, this kind of talk would not be tolerated at a live tournament and in my opinion, PP is totally negligent for not cracking down on this kind of crap when it's brought to their attention.

Slim Pickens
07-09-2005, 01:00 AM
This is clearly collusion. If they didn't do anything the first time, email Party support again. If this happened on any table of mine, I'd be soopa-pissed at support for telling me this wasn't collusion.

SlimP