PDA

View Full Version : Middle pair w/ backdoor flush draw.

teajay
07-08-2005, 10:22 PM
I haven't made any hand posts in a while, I've enjoyed replying more, but here is a hand where a few things didn't go as planned.

MP2 is 60/3/0.3 after ~50 hands
Button is 38/8/1.8 after about ~50 hands as well

My bet on the flop was in an attempt to get button to raise out the field and re-evaluate the turn.

I bet the turn here because with this many opponents I figured I had an equity edge that with a few callers would make this +EV.

After everything went wrong, the PFR not raising my flop bet, and not getting many callers on the turn, what should my action be on the river here?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

River: (13.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero ???

Shillx
07-08-2005, 10:24 PM
I only looked at the preflop action thus far...and I don't like it much.

Thoughts on the limp?

Brad

teajay
07-08-2005, 10:27 PM
I assume you're suggesting a raise?
Can we discuss why? With the limpers behind me my raise isn't going to knock any of them out, but since this hand plays well multiway are you saying I should raise because I probably already have an edge here?

*Edit: My PFR is only about 8.1, so I guess I don't usually raise with this type of hand.

Shillx
07-08-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I assume you're suggesting a raise?
Can we discuss why? With the limpers behind me my raise isn't going to knock any of them out, but since this hand plays well multiway are you saying I should raise because I probably already have an edge here?

*Edit: My PFR is only about 8.1, so I guess I don't usually raise with this type of hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even against 3 random limps I would raise this everytime. The fact that MP2 appears to be loose makes this an even easier raise. If he has a hand like J7o or 94s he will have little chance of winning this pot. With this overlay you pretty much have to exploit this edge eventhough you would expect to have one anyway.

Brad

Oh yeah -- try to get that PFR up! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

teajay
07-08-2005, 11:56 PM
Any more advise? Either, given that I didn't raise or that the hand may not have played much differently had I raise (it couldn't get any more passive than this)

TJ