PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker Omaha

Jorge10
07-08-2005, 09:25 PM
Ok just got this program, whats a good bb/100 hands number? I have only put in a weeks worth of data, because thats all my hard drive keeps before it deletes it, so I only had this previous week to put it. I should probably email party to get older data to put in, but im also not sure how I would go about doing that. But it seems to me that bb/100 hands is basically your profits which is always the most important thing obviously, so what does the number mean? and what is a good number to have?

Mendacious
07-08-2005, 10:15 PM
I'm no expert but here's what I have observed:

BB/100 is Big Bets won per 100 hands-- a "Big Bet" is defined as twice the big blind, so your BB/100 is the amount you won per 100 hands divided by (2 times the big blind)

As for what is good, I think it varies quite a bit depending on the level that you play, and the game you play. For Hold-em, Omaha, Omaha/8 at limit, PL or NL the BB/100 can vary a great deal depending on the limits you play.

Also, I think you need anywhere from 20,000-50,000 hands to get an accurate read (also depending on the game)

For instance, I think at the higher levels of Limit hold-em, 10-20 and above, a BB/100 of 2-3 is considered quite good. Generally, higher BB/100s are achieved at lower levels, and for NL and PL over Limit.

On the extreme end, I have found that BB/100's for PL08 for very good players can easily range as high as 15-20, at the lower limits. I don't think that is sustainable for any other games-- which is why I love PL08 /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dcasper70
07-08-2005, 11:01 PM
link (http://www.o8poker.com)

Go to the 'Tools' page

(I guess it was my turn to plug Greg's site...)