PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room for Zoo Posters.

Mike Haven
07-08-2005, 09:20 PM
jasonHoldEm has found what seems to be a good chat room system and he has set up a private room for us to meet up and chat, live.

Last year, Lori gave us a running commentary of the Final Table action, as relayed by Stars, and has volunteered to do it again this year if there is a similar opportunity.

jasonHoldEm, Lori and I will give out the room password to (almost!) everyone who asks for it by pm, (however, we reserve the right to exclude any poster at our discretion, for what we feel is the good of the majority). If you are given the password, (and the odds are that you will be), then please respect our wishes that only the three of us give out the password. (In this respect, would other posters not put pressure on anyone else to give out the password, please?)

The room (http://www.chatzy.com/495826636484) is open now. Once you have tried it out, please let us know in this thread if you think it will do its intended job or not, as soon as possible.

As soon as you have the password you will have free 24/7 access, and no doubt some of us will enjoy meeting small groups of Zoo friends for general chat, as well as joining larger gatherings at special times, like the Final Table, or during KOTZ Tournaments.

Thank you, jason, for setting this up for us!

ZimbuTheMonkey
07-08-2005, 09:46 PM
I like the layout, very clean. Although, there doesn't seem to be a pane that shows who is in the chat room, that would be helpful.

smb394
07-08-2005, 09:49 PM
It looks good. I'm guessing this probably won't be blocked by most corporate firewalls, which is a plus.

jasonHoldEm
07-08-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pane that shows who is in the chat room, that would be helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i didn't think of that until now...I looked at a bunch of different sites and most had either really small layouts or 47 annoying blinking ads (this room still has one, but it's out of the way at least).

Just so everyone knows I'm not affiliated with the site the chat room is hosted by, I just found the site and set up a room.

If this becomes popular maybe we can try to find something better after the WSOP.

J

jasonHoldEm
07-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Also, Mike, Lori, and I all have the password so to help spread out the load... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If the clock says 00-19 ask me
If the clock says 20-39 ask lori
If the clock says 40-59 ask mike

We'll get back to you ASAP although we do go offline occasionally so don't panic if we don't get back to you right away.

J

Mike Haven
07-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks, jason. I'm offline for at least 8 hours from now, so if anyone wants to experiment with it tonight, please ask jason or Lori. (If you've pm-ed me and I haven't replied already, please ask jason or Lori, and send me another pm when you receive the password so I don't duplicate later. Thanks.)

MelK
07-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Mike, if anyone hassles you in the chat room, just ban them from 2+2. That would be a very popular move and effective usage of moderation powers. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

evans075
07-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Hey J, seems to me that if alot of people where in there that it would clog up and get really laggy.

jasonHoldEm
07-08-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
clog up and get really laggy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm also somewhat afraid that might happen, but according to the site's FAQ they have sufficient bandwidth so we'll see what happens when we unleash the zoo on them. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I just sent out another batch of passwords to those who sent me a request...I'm also heading to bed now and will catch up in the morning.

J

Shoe
07-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Where is everybody? I thought this room would have been bumpin

Sandstone
07-09-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is everybody? I thought this room would have been bumpin

[/ QUOTE ]
There's already a 2+2 channel on EFNet and you don't have to message special people and hope they give you the password that allows you to chat.

lorinda
07-09-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There's already a 2+2 channel on EFNet and you don't have to message special people and hope they give you the password that allows you to chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

For obvious reasons (at least to those that know the history) I shan't be doing the commentary on IRC.
I also shan't be getting back into any old arguments, so don't bother continuing the baiting.

Lori

lorinda
07-09-2005, 06:33 AM
My ISP is STILL playing up a little, but I will now be able to send out password to those that want it.

Sadly it will be a little slow for now, and you may recieve about 5 PMs, but I'm on the case.

Lori

Mike Haven
07-14-2005, 07:07 AM
Just received this e-mail from PokerChamps:

"Hello Shana,

In a special client you will be able to see the action of the players at the Final table, including a commentary chat reporting live from the venue. The Client will also feature pictures of the finalists.

The special Client will be released two days prior to the WSOP Final table event and will be announced via email and a separate link on our webpage.

Regards,
Support"

Mike Haven
07-15-2005, 09:02 AM
Update just in from PokerChamps:

"Dear Shana,

Today is the final day of the WSOP 2005 and PokerChamps will be providing you with a live multimedia coverage of the final table in cooperation with GutShot Poker.

The final table is set to start at 12pm Las Vegas time and you will be able to follow all the action.

Simply use your PokerChamps nickname and registered email address to login to the special PokerChamps client found at GutShot. (You can see which email address you registered with in our website Cashier / Settings menu)."

jasonHoldEm
07-15-2005, 10:11 AM
FYI: According to cardplayer, the start of the final table has been delayed until 4pm (vegas time). Looks like the europeans are going to have a long night...

Is Stars not doing a simulcast this year? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

J

Mike Haven
07-15-2005, 10:48 AM
I've only heard of GutShot and PokerUpdates doing it live this year.

Edit:

And CardPlayer.

gasoltub
07-15-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For obvious reasons (at least to those that know the history) I shan't be doing the commentary on IRC.
I also shan't be getting back into any old arguments, so don't bother continuing the baiting.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Two questions:
1. Am I a donk if I ask why?
2. why?

lorinda
07-15-2005, 02:00 PM
It's actually good for me that I'll get 2 hours or so sleep between now and kickoff.

I'll be in there at 4pm Vegas time at the very latest.

If there is no simulcast, we'll use the room to share any updates we can get.

Lori

jasonHoldEm
07-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Bump to get this back on top...I have two conflicts tonight and I'm not sure how much I'll be able to join in the fun, but I will be online for the next hour or so and can send out passwords. If you are reading this after 6:30pm Eastern you should probably send a password request to Mike or Lori instead.

Why does everything always happen on WSOP final table day? I missed the majority of the commentary last year as well. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

J

GrandmaStabone
07-15-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pane that shows who is in the chat room, that would be helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i didn't think of that until now...I looked at a bunch of different sites and most had either really small layouts or 47 annoying blinking ads (this room still has one, but it's out of the way at least).

Just so everyone knows I'm not affiliated with the site the chat room is hosted by, I just found the site and set up a room.

If this becomes popular maybe we can try to find something better after the WSOP.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a setting up a permanent room would be awesome. I have been working on one recently for use after the ME, I will pm you a link to see what you think.