PDA

View Full Version : "THAT'S GONNA WORK EVERY TIME BUT ONCE"

Meatmaw
07-08-2005, 08:35 PM
has that been mentioned around 2+2 enough that it's one of the phrases that I should consider might be posted in jest by another 2+2er (like "moran"). I seem to recall it showing up now and then in our "best quote" threads, and I came across it last night. It was a response from one guy to another, EveryRealBig, who was vocally agitated at my pushing 5 hands in 9 or something (the last 3 were totally legit, honest). /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I suspected it might have been a 2+2er just riding the wave and amusing himself.

Nottom
07-08-2005, 08:46 PM
I'm pretty sure its just a bad player who watches too much of the WPT.

astarck
07-08-2005, 08:49 PM
I get this saying every day. Probably multiple times a day too.

I like the justification of calling your push with K3o that is "I called because I knew you had junk."

FieryJustice
07-08-2005, 09:17 PM
The other night someone told me this and when I pushed with TT he called with JJ and said "I told you I was going to get you."

astarck
07-08-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The other night someone told me this and when I pushed with TT he called with JJ and said "I told you I was going to get you."

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA....I forgot about this comment. I love it when you have them clearly dominated and they suck out on you and then start with the "I knew I'd get you" talk.

Isura
07-08-2005, 10:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA....I forgot about this comment. I love it when you have them clearly dominated and they suck out on you and then start with the "I knew I'd get you" talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it better when they have me clearly dominated, and I give them a hard time for calling with K7 when I suck out with K3.

MagnoliasFM
07-08-2005, 10:42 PM
What happens to me a lot is they let me steal their big blind 9-10 times in a row and then when I go all-in again with 92s they pause for a minute and say "HAHAHAHA DIE BITCH" and call with AA, and then I bust out on the bubble.

astarck
07-09-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it better when they have me clearly dominated, and I give them a hard time for calling with K7 when I suck out with K3.

[/ QUOTE ]

After thinking about it, it is MUCH better to suck out on them and hear them berate you for the rest of the SNG. That's when I usually type "Luv u /images/graemlins/wink.gif" or something similar that it not at all related to the SNG in the chat box....it really makes them mad.