PDA

View Full Version : Anyother way to play this hand? Did I get Out Played?

Jaymick
07-08-2005, 08:21 PM
This hand is tuff for me to figure out.

Preflop i wanted to Isolate Me and the Limper, and it was achieved. On the Flop i hit my A and led out strong. He smooth called so put him on JQ a weaker A or a flush draw. The Turn was a club which also left me outs since i had the A of clubs. he called and flipped over two pair. Anything i did wrong?

***** Hand History for Game 2331919533 *****
NL Hold'em $30 Buy-in + $3 Entry Fee Trny:13764499 Level:2 Blinds(15/30) - Friday, July 08, 22:10:10 EDT 2005
Table Table 11279 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: stepbystep_ ( $800 )
Seat 2: JayMicka24 ( $760 )
Seat 3: Titleistpro ( $455 )
Seat 4: swoodke ( $695 )
Seat 5: bakoboy21 ( $888 )
Seat 6: Whimsfield ( $857 )
Seat 7: Blue_LabelA ( $930 )
Seat 8: highmoose ( $770 )
Seat 9: LikeConCec ( $1120 )
Seat 10: stugatz23 ( $725 )
Trny:13764499 Level:2
Blinds(15/30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to JayMicka24 [ Ac Qs ]
>You have options at Table 11226 Table!.
highmoose folds.
LikeConCec calls [30].
stugatz23 folds.
stepbystep_ folds.
JayMicka24 raises [90].
Titleistpro folds.
swoodke folds.
bakoboy21 folds.
Whimsfield folds.
Blue_LabelA folds.
LikeConCec calls [60].
** Dealing Flop ** [ As, Tc, 9c ]
LikeConCec checks.
JayMicka24 bets [175].
LikeConCec calls [175].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 4c ]
LikeConCec checks.
JayMicka24 is all-In [495]
LikeConCec calls [495].
** Dealing River ** [ 7s ]
LikeConCec shows [ Ts, Ah ] two pairs, aces and tens.
JayMicka24 shows [ Ac, Qs ] a pair of aces.
LikeConCec wins 1565 chips from the main pot with two pairs, aces and tens.
JayMicka24 finished in tenth place.
JayMicka24 has left the table.

I no this isnt the rihgt way to post. but im new and dont no how to do it. can i also have a link or someone tell me how to do it. sry for the inconvience

Jaymick

bluewilde
07-08-2005, 08:44 PM
I don't have the credentials to comment on a hand from the $33s, but to convert your hand you can use this link (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi) . Just cut and paste.

SlackerMcFly
07-08-2005, 09:13 PM
You accomplished your goal of isolating the limper, but a 3xBB bet wasn't strong enough for him to believe your hand. (Be careful what you wish for). This early in the tourney, you might consider a stronger initial raise (5-6BB raise) to get them all out.

A caller of your 4-6BB raise should signal a little danger to you, but you can still let go if the flop is scary w/out a lot of damage done and you get the blinds plus the limper if he folds. Too early really for any reads, but he is the Big Stack and likely has some confidence from his previous win (meaning he may widen his calling standards a bit to only a small raise like t90 - especially if it is Heads-up now.

Now he sees the flop heads-up with his 2 pair and your bet (t175) that gives him 2:1 pot odds or better. If he raises here, a re-raise would get him out in a hurry most likely (flush draw or made trips possible). Since he called, you were correct to try and push him out by going all-in scaring with the flush possibilities at the turn.

He took a chance on hitting the boat (to beat your flush) and easily wins your chips with a made hand.

Next time, a stronger Pre-flop raise followed by a raise that makes it impractical for him to call following the flop would be a consideration.

More patience in the early stages might be the moral here. If that doesn't seem practical to you, then more aggression if you absolutely HAVE to play this hand in level 2. FWIW

Oh, and be sure to use the converter in future hands. Makes it easier for old people to read. Good luck!

SlackerMcNoob