PDA

View Full Version : Bankroll tool

Guruman
07-08-2005, 06:59 PM
I don't know if this has been done before, but I decided to use excel to make a bankroll tool for myself and anyone else who wants to use it.

Here's the link (http://www.freewebs.com/rcoronado/bankroll%20chart.xls)

Basically, you just type in the parameters for the max and min bankrolls that you want to maintain as you move up, and it does the math for you.

Enjoy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stuey
07-09-2005, 04:03 AM
Cool, thanks for sharing now if I can just stick to the plan. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I would be interested in hearing what max and min banroll in BB numbers most people here like to use and why?

As the limits get higher should we have more BB in our bankroll as our winrate should drop as the games get harder and then we would face higher variance?

What would be the bankroll considerations for shorthanded play?

Guruman
07-09-2005, 09:42 AM
I've got mine set at a moderately aggressive 200/400. This allows me to move up quickly and still have a little cushion for losses before moving down again.

Nfinity
07-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Thanks!

I set mine to 400/600. It's similar to the requirements I drew up myself.

I have to keep it safe. Besides those student loan checks this is my living. The over-roll allows me to keep learning as I go along(and I have a lot of this to do) without stressing out. It also helps on those rare occasions when I have to dip into the bankroll for bills and such.

Guruman
07-09-2005, 11:30 AM
I actually just reset mine for 200/500. Check this post (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2827016&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=1&fpart=1) for my logic there.

I think having your max set for less than 2x the min is a bad idea, and actually I'd encourage a little buffer there as well.

Guruman
07-09-2005, 11:33 AM
--also--

if anyone want to see any more data or has any tweaks, just let me know and I'll update the link.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif