PDA

View Full Version : A8s, uncertain on all streets

DrBob
07-08-2005, 05:36 PM
Early on, so only read I had was that both opponents were probably slightly loose. Game seemed fairly passive. I'm a bit unsure of my actions on all streets, I felt pretty passive myself:
Raise preflop?? I did get feeling that BB was likely to defend, so there's some potential to build a pot here.
Bet out flop, raise?
Bet the turn? This to avoid giving a free card, but I had no idea if UTG+1 would raise; I have few outs against a better ace.
Try for checkraise on river? I really had no inkling about how likely it was that UTG+1 would bet again.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks.

River: (4 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 6 BB

BWebb
07-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Preflop, I just call.
Flop-Checkraise.
Turn and River-Bet.

Moneyline
07-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Preflop: I think calling is best.
Flop: I will usually check/raise in this spot, but if I know the game is passive then I'll just bet out. IMO, the only think worse than check/calling is folding. You probably have the best hand, so you want to play it strongly.

Turn: Looks like an easy bet to me.

River: With two pair, this is an even easier bet, but I wouldn't jamb up the pot because some magoo holding a deuce could have you beat. Still, that's no reason not to bet.

JoshuaD
07-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Preflop is good. Bet the flop. You can't go for a check-raise, there is no likely bettor, and it's a passive table. Bet it out on the flop and keep betting down to the river until someone raises. At that point re-evaluate.

DrBob
07-08-2005, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. Confirms my feeling that I was a bit wimpy. I've been getting beaten up for aggression lately, and am probably a bit gunshy.

Just want to make sure of one thing -- The turn question is in the context of having check/called the flop, not some other action. Why do you bet out into the flop bettor? Would you fold the turn if raised?

JoshuaD
07-08-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just want to make sure of one thing -- The turn question is in the context of having check/called the flop, not some other action. Why do you bet out into the flop bettor? Would you fold the turn if raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm betting the turn if I accidentially checked the flop. I can't trust the bettor to bet again, and I want to get a bet in on this street. I'm calling down if raised.

Moozh
07-08-2005, 06:56 PM
I bet out on the flop here every time. No one raised preflop so we're probably good here. The pot is small so there's no need for a check-raise to protect the hand. Sometimes the simple plays are still the best. (But I could be wrong about this one.)

Stellastarr
07-09-2005, 03:26 AM
bet the flop, u dont want it checked through

pokergrader
07-09-2005, 04:24 AM
Complete PF

Flop: Bet and call a raise
Turn: Bet and fold to a raise
River: Bet and call a raise

Hojglad
07-09-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
At that point re-evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems to be something that is thrown around rather loosely. What exactly do you/other people mean by it? I mean, I understand the literal meaning of the phrase, but is there some process you go through to decide whether or not a fold, call, or re-raise is judicious (besides having the nuts or nothing)? It's just that usually when you are "re-evaluating," you probably should be folding. That's what I've noticed about the context it is being used in, anyway.

imported_CaseClosed326
07-09-2005, 05:17 AM
I would bet,bet,bet. That would be your best bet. ahahahahahah

Man, there are alot of bobs here.

pokerjunky
07-09-2005, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Complete PF

Flop: Bet and call a raise
Turn: Bet and fold to a raise
River: Bet and call a raise

[/ QUOTE ]