PDA

View Full Version : is there anyway to secure a LCD monitor?

The4Aces
07-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I will be living in the dorms next year and dont want to come back to my room someday to find my monitors gone. Is there any way to secure them? they are 2001FPs

stabn
07-08-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will be living in the dorms next year and dont want to come back to my room someday to find my monitors gone. Is there any way to secure them? they are 2001FPs

[/ QUOTE ]

Put a cable through them.

TheTROLL
07-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Put your head round to the right hand side of the screen (as you face it) - there is a padlock symbol above the cable lock slot.

I can't imagine it's too difficult to rip the cable out though... But then, why would you ever leave your room? :-)

MyMindIsGoing
07-08-2005, 07:52 PM
If you live in a place where you think your stuff will be stolen, maybe securing the stuff is not the problem but the place you chose to live in.

TheTROLL
07-08-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you live in a place where you think your stuff will be stolen, maybe securing the stuff is not the problem but the place you chose to live in.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you live in a place where you think your stuff won't be stolen, maybe it's time to get a job.

MyMindIsGoing
07-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Eh?

TheTROLL
07-08-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, maybe that was a bit obscure... I was implying that the only place you can be confident of safety from burglary is a remote rural location (=>no jobs). I think it's safe to assume the OP isn't looking to move somewhere safer, only to make safe the place he already lives in.

AEKDBet
07-10-2005, 07:52 PM
I had to do this for all the LCD monitors in my office due to break-ins.

http://www.kensington.com/

(There is a very small laptop-type lock hole on your LCD monitor)

smb394
07-10-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Eh?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, maybe that was a bit obscure... I was implying that the only place you can be confident of safety from burglary is a remote rural location (=>no jobs). I think it's safe to assume the OP isn't looking to move somewhere safer, only to make safe the place he already lives in.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first comment makes no sense. Try the suburbs.

2nd comment is true...I would also suggest the cables. I'm not sure if insurance is available on these (for living in a dorm) and how much it would cost. Just make sure you lock your door when you leave, and your roommate(s) understand how much these things are worth.