PDA

View Full Version : NL100: Villian on tilt, call all in preflop with AQo?

HoldEmKillah
07-08-2005, 03:06 PM
I was 3-tabling at the time and had (honestly) been letting PT do the legwork for me. So no read on villian here exept 2 things:

1. He hasn't made this move at all before.

2. I had just caught a glimpse of the very hand prior where he had a flopped set of kings get snapped by turned straight with some rag like J 8.

So now, the very next hand and only seconds later, he immediately moves all in UTG. Some questions:

1. Should I have enough confidence that he's on tilt enough to call this?

2.There 3 other players to act behind me. How does that affect my decision here?

3. If I decide to play do I push or flat call? The SB is the only one behind me with more money than the original all in bet. He has me covered.

Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($80.65)
MP ($146.5)
Hero ($211.55)
Button ($74.15)
SB ($235.3)
BB ($78.5)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $80.65 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>,

Marlow
07-08-2005, 03:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
2.There 3 other players to act behind me. How does that affect my decision here?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is your whole problem. While it's likely that you have either a coin flip or you've got him dominated, your AQ does not hold up against even 1 other player.

Also, in my expereince, crazy all-in begets crazy all-in. People will call with all kinds of crap in the hope that they'll catch lucky.

Sephus
07-08-2005, 04:24 PM
fold. this is the first time he's done this.

savman
07-08-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was 3-tabling at the time and had (honestly) been letting PT do the legwork for me. So no read on villian here exept 2 things:

1. He hasn't made this move at all before.

2. I had just caught a glimpse of the very hand prior where he had a flopped set of kings get snapped by turned straight with some rag like J 8.

So now, the very next hand and only seconds later, he immediately moves all in UTG. Some questions:

1. Should I have enough confidence that he's on tilt enough to call this?

3. If I decide to play do I push or flat call? The SB is the only one behind me with more money than the original all in bet. He has me covered.

Thoughts?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($80.65)
MP ($146.5)
Hero ($211.55)
Button ($74.15)
SB ($235.3)
BB ($78.5)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $80.65 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

push if you hate money. call if you like it, and dont mind variance . villains range is huge, +EV if you made this call every time at these stakes. only time you are in real trouble is if sb pushes then fold and kick yourself for calling.

swolfe
07-08-2005, 04:28 PM
i do this when i get AA/KK the next hand after a bad beat

EDIT: not really, although i will bet/raise a little heavier than normal to make it look more like tilt

Komodo
07-08-2005, 06:55 PM
fold. he will have AA, KK QQ or AK a fair amount of the time here.

UOPokerPlayer
07-08-2005, 10:35 PM
I make this play after i get sucked out with AA-JJ and AK, in hopes someone calls that thinks im on tilt. I usually type 'party poker bull****' or something like that right before too.

Go_Blue88
07-08-2005, 10:42 PM
people do this all the time with AA, KK ,QQ to look like they're on tilt.

meleader2
07-08-2005, 11:09 PM
i do this all the time with group 1's and i always get 1 caller after a horrid beat. Fold.