PDA

View Full Version : Live Game Deep Stacks Utter confusion on the betting pattern...

arod15
07-08-2005, 02:38 PM
Here it is 1-2 NL New York Room.
Im on the button with A6 suited. I have just "felted" someone agains so im sitting on about 900. A new player sits down with 300. And talks to his donkey friend. My first instincts is donkeys likne to roll together. Not to many hands in New Donkey raises late to 12 when everyone folded to him in the CO i assume its postiional so i call with A6 on the button(very marginal but im playing his as a donk i figure i can out manuever him). The flop comes A K 2 Rainbow. He bets 50! Now thats a big overbet. RIght away it strikes me i think he is testing his ground and that my ace is good. I assume he has a pocket pair or the King So i call. The turn brings a 4. Now he bets 75. So now im real confused . 3 times he is fired a bullet. But again i just call as i feel that if here that strong he wouldnt bet it that hard. The river comes and its a 6. I have two pair and now think there is now way i fold. Then he moves all in!!! The board reads A K 2 4 6 rainbow. Call, fold,? Results later comments all streets welcome. If your going to rip my play explain yourself.....

Maulik
07-08-2005, 02:43 PM
people are going to hate you. He probably has something along the lines of pocket 10s?

arod15
07-08-2005, 02:49 PM
I was along the lines of 75% sure he was making a play at me. Remebre this is live not online i wasnt basing my call on trash. It was two factors. His donkey friend and his betting pattern. Really the river was the only time i was confused as it first crossed my mind he could have AK. WHich im not saying he did or didnt i will post results later. But why over bet the pot with a big ace or two pair or set? Doenst makes sense to me. The turn he bet 75 which again was not making sense. First he over bet the he underbets? It feels like he is backing off a little so agian this reeks of weakness to me. Others....

amoeba
07-08-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure I'm more likely to move donkeys off hands.

aren't you more likely to move good players off hands?

I would have folded preflop or reraised preflop.

I don't like the call.

If flop came all unders, you would have probably put him on missed overs and tried to "move him off his hand".

I don't like this habit of putting villain on hands that we beat just because villain is bad.