PDA

View Full Version : Am I too passive on the river?

benneh
07-08-2005, 01:47 PM
im still getting used to 2/4 as my normal limit, so i'm still not sure how often the bettor here is donking me, just being an idiot or actually hit his flush. this hand was originally intended to be a blind steal, since I apparently suck ass with QJo post-flop according to PT.

i only have a whopping 30 hands on villain, so no reads.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

MrWookie47
07-08-2005, 01:54 PM
How many outs are you giving yourself on the flop, or do you think you have the best hand?

I raise the river against Captain Donkbet. And then I puke when he 3bets me and I call.

McGahee
07-08-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm trying not to let your post title influence me because sometimes you are looking at a flush here, but he'd be more likely to C/R if he had it, don't ya think?

benneh
07-08-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many outs are you giving yourself on the flop, or do you think you have the best hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

from few hands ive seen with villain, he has donk'd any flop with an ace if there was no action before him. sometimes he'd show down the top pair, other times he'd show down a busted BD flush draw that ended up hitting 3rd pair or something, so I really didn't give him credit for anything here, and figured that my queen and jack outs were probably clean against him.

but maybe this is why i'm such a net loser with QJo.

benneh
07-08-2005, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying not to let your post title influence me because sometimes you are looking at a flush here, but he'd be more likely to C/R if he had it, don't ya think?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, you're right, though lately when i've been rivering a flush vs aggressive bettors, i've just straight out donk'd them by leading out instead of trying for a check raise. i gotta start incorporating this into my game more often.

MrWookie47
07-08-2005, 02:28 PM
I sure hope he's not donking the flop with Ax here. Is he willing to donk with Q high, or does his donk mean a hand &gt;= Ahigh, or a solid draw?

Dave G.
07-08-2005, 02:32 PM
I'd fold the flop. Ax and Kx are hands people will defend with. You have no folding equity if he has one of those and not enough odds to draw for your outs. If you're going to continue you need to raise the flop, but I think this is a pretty clear fold.

Raise the river.