PDA

View Full Version : Lakers at -300 to not win NBA title

Clarkmeister
02-12-2003, 12:45 AM
Down from -400 a week ago. I'd assume the NBA fixing the playoffs by adding 2 games to the first round series' has something to do with the big move.

Wildbill
02-17-2003, 06:34 AM
I think the 7 game 1st round hurts the Lakers. The more games a deep and talented team gets to play these pretenders, the more likely that the Lakers can't do it.

I went out and bet it myself, I think -300 is a steal. One thing is for sure, Kobe going out and scoring isn't going to get them a top notch record. He proves it over and over, when he shoots too much the team isn't that good. Lakers are just so loved, its hard for the public to let it go. This isn't a very good team this year for any number of reasons. Main reason is Shaq isn't what he was and I think this current injury is finally him and the staff admitting to that. To say he and his boys will get it done in the playoffs overlooks the obvious that his health isn't there and if the health is a problem, everything else doesn't matter. I think they are 50/50 to get to the playoffs and likely lose in the first round if they get there.

mikelow
02-17-2003, 11:52 AM
They ain't got a chance--not with Shaq's knee and toe problems. And their defense is still a problem--Allan Houston
lit them up with 53 points last night.