PDA

View Full Version : Raising Preflop 6-max

MacGyver18
07-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Im currently playing 4 table in 100 nl 6-max and my winrate is about 10-15bb/100. Pokertracker not support site where im playing, so I dont have any stats. My overall game is pretty good, but I found couple leaks, what have to fix before moving 200nl. One of those is raising preflop with position.

Example I pickup KQ in button and its folded to me. Normally I just limp, but is that correct play? Am i missing value here just limping? Or what to do hands in button like TT, AT, KJ, QJ, QT, 99. I always limp these. Hands what i raise are AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ, AJ in any position. Raise size is +4bb.

So what kind of hands you should raise in Co or Button

MacGyver

amoeba
07-08-2005, 12:31 PM
I think this is table dependent and how likely they are to fold to continuation bet.

generally I raise with KQ on the button though.

whats your sample size for your winrate?

Maulik
07-08-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im currently playing 4 table in 100 nl 6-max and my winrate is about 10-15bb/100. Pokertracker not support site where im playing, so I dont have any stats. My overall game is pretty good, but I found couple leaks, what have to fix before moving 200nl. One of those is raising preflop with position.

Example I pickup KQ in button and its folded to me. Normally I just limp, but is that correct play? Am i missing value here just limping? Or what to do hands in button like TT, AT, KJ, QJ, QT, 99. I always limp these. Hands what i raise are AA, KK, QQ, JJ, AK, AQ, AJ in any position. Raise size is +4bb.

So what kind of hands you should raise in Co or Button

MacGyver

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of those marginal hands you pick up on the button or CO I'm raising with the position. These hands have additional value in SH games, which you are missing and if you are mixing continuation bets and checks, people will be semi-confused. Perhaps where players don't beleive/respect your raises PF, you'll continue to win 10/15 BB, but that's not a great win-rate unless you're calculating a PT BB/100 which is 2x bb; then 10/15 PT BB/100 is great.

1010 in CO or Button 6max is a strong hand in any position