PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this correctly?

xGoreDudex
07-08-2005, 12:27 PM
I was just curious if I played this hand too timidly. Yes, I did flop a flush, but this is .25/.50 Hold'em so I expect that with the pot as multi-way as it is, that someone with the Ks or As or possibly even Js would still remain in this pot all the way...perhaps I should have just bet the crap out of it all the way, interested to hear your thoughts..

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (6 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks.

River: (6 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

davelin
07-08-2005, 12:29 PM
3bet the flop, bet the turn.

xenthebrain
07-08-2005, 12:30 PM
The call on the flop is fine, if you don't want to scare anyone away. Lead the turn yourself though.

Like you played it, I would definately raise the river, or do you give him credit for a boat?

Anyway, even if you 3-bet the flop the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif will not fold.

davelin
07-08-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The call on the flop is fine, if you don't want to scare anyone away. Lead the turn yourself though.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to lead the turn, might as well 3-bet the flop.

topspin
07-08-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I did flop a flush, but this is .25/.50 Hold'em so I expect that with the pot as multi-way as it is, that someone with the Ks or As or possibly even Js would still remain in this pot all the way

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this exactly why you should keep firing? If anyone is drawing towards a bigger flush, then why not put in as many bets as you can while you're ahead?

BTW, if someone does indeed have the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, then you need to find a less rigged game /images/graemlins/grin.gif

newfant
07-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Bet the hell out of this thing. Two of those flush outs are dead (a 6 or jack will give you the straight flush) so anyone drawing to a higher flush is drawing slim.

Edited to add that your nightmae scenario here is KQ of spades but you should still pump it.

VoraciousReader
07-08-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm reraising that flop and betting the turn. I have a flush and a Straight Flush redraw. My pot equity is high enough that I'm getting in every cent I can, and I'm certainly NOT giving a Ks a free redraw to the one-flush on the turn.

If I lose this hand, my opponent is getting a bunch of my money.

imported_The Vibesman
07-08-2005, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I expect that with the pot as multi-way as it is, that someone with the Ks or As or possibly even Js would still remain in this pot all the way

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why you should bet. If you check, they will also stay in the pot the whole way, but when they don't make a higher flush they won't pay you.

You could 3bet the flop, but going for overcalls is good too. Lead the turn, though. For one thing, the A is a scare card and could cause it to get checked thru, or the CO was pulling some free card play. Also easier to trap MP2 for 2 bets if you lead and are raised by CO.

That raise by MP2 is strange. I have a habit of just calling bets I don't understand so I would just call here. Maybe he filled a boat. That may be a little weak tho, see what the vets say.

pryor15
07-08-2005, 12:58 PM
3-bet the flop (you have a flush and an open ended straight flush draw!!!!! you may not see that again for weeks and you want the K of spades to have to pay dearly for his draw and the random Ace to pay off your flush)

bet the turn

3-bet the river.

Dave G.
07-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Ram and jam this hard. You will win from here a huge majority of the time. You want people to call you all the way with second best hands, that's how you profit.

I can understand the stop and go on the flop. I'm not convinced 3-betting here will get you more value in the long run as you might shut out the two players behind you. So I don't mind going for overcalls here.

Your turn check is awful. What are you afraid of? Why give everyone a free shot at beating you? You would hate to let people draw at a fourth /images/graemlins/spade.gif for free. Sure they're gonna call anyway, but not making them pay to do so is criminal. Bet, hope you get raised, so you can reraise.

3-bet the river too.

In short, yes, way too timidly.

Watain
07-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Flop &gt; I think itīs good that you just called the raise. Making mp1+2 coldcall a double raise could blow them out and you have a very strong hand, so concentrate on building the pot, which is rather small so far.

Turn &gt; Bet out!! &gt;&gt; Hoping that CO holds an ace and are reraising!!!

River &gt; Wierd play by MP2. He might think heīs three aces are good because of the turn action, so reraise. Sometimes you might get banged by an full house, but itīs likely that you are ahead...