View Full Version : right move on 4th?

djr
07-08-2005, 11:56 AM
7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 2: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 5: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (2.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

5th Street - (2.38 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

6th Street - (4.38 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

River - (6.38 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___folds
Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

Total pot: (6.38 BB)

I'm always skeptical of not double betting on 4th when I pair my ace door card. I figured double betting would get my single villian to fold, whereas a single bet might get her to call incorrectly. Thoughts?

Also what are your thoughts on betting the river. I figured villian wouldn't chase me down with absolutely nothing (after all I am showing aces) and it's not likely she's on a flush/straight draw. When she paired her door card I was a little worried on 6th that I might be getting myself into trouble.

PoorLawyer
07-08-2005, 11:59 AM
I cant even think of a hand to put him on, but I think it is a good play to try and keep him around with that strong of a hand.

BeerMoney
07-08-2005, 12:07 PM
Well, if you look consider the situation, the only hands that may call one might also call two, right?

Those hands being trips, 2 pair, and a str8 draw.

Bet Big and let 'em chase.

bigredlemon
07-08-2005, 12:07 PM
he was chasing low, and didn't realize it was a stud table until the river?

grb137
07-08-2005, 08:27 PM
This really turns on what you know of the player. Generally, bet the full amount. Ashley Adams has a nice article on this topic in cardplayer. You can get it online at their website.