PDA

View Full Version : Should we check our Poker emails more often?

grinin
07-08-2005, 11:26 AM
I hardly ever check my "Poker" e-mail address. Maybe every couple weeks or so. However I do keep a large sum in my poker account and use PT and PV. I was considering checking out Pokeredge. However, if I missed a warning email, account confiscation would be a severe blow. I guess, since I am dependent on poker income, I need to be checking that email daily?

Additionally, it is my understanding that some mail servers can accidentally classify poker emails as junk mail and thus you would never get the warning.

Why can't the poker sites simply warn you whenever you login with an account specific popup? This seems far more appropriate to me.

Ideas?

krimson
07-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Get your poker stuff to a gmail account, they keep "spam" for 2 weeks or something, and have search features so you can quickly rummage through for warnings.

grinin
07-08-2005, 11:57 AM
I barely check my e-mail now.

I think I opened up the spam box in my e-mail account last year once. So I doubt I will be doing that this year.

Freudian
07-08-2005, 12:05 PM
I have changed all my poker emails and Neteller email to my gmail account. Works good with my email client so I check it daily.

And, knock on wood, I have yet to be offered a penis enlargement on that email account.

M Tal
07-08-2005, 12:07 PM
i good a good offer on 1 if you want it.

krimson
07-08-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I barely check my e-mail now.

I think I opened up the spam box in my e-mail account last year once. So I doubt I will be doing that this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really confused as to what your trying to achieve with this thread... You want ideas on how you can be aware of getting warnings but you don't want to do anything, and even an email service that lets you quick search through emails with ease of google is too much work? I thought I was [censored] lazy.

thekiller
07-08-2005, 06:00 PM
u should check often.
Ukbetting had an offer for 1 day. if u hit 3 jacks they gave u £20 if u hit 4 they gave u £60. i hit 4; thank Allah that a guy at the table told me the about the bonus. he knew this from reading his email (or divine intervention).

teajay
07-08-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I guess, since I am dependent on poker income, I need to be checking that email daily?

[/ QUOTE ]

Answered your own question. Especially since you say losing one of your accounts would be a big blow. Seems awfully minor to take the 36 seconds needed to check for email every day or two as the alternative to losing whatever amount of money you have in there.

TJ