PDA

View Full Version : MMalmuth's 80/160 hand article: A Simple Hand

Magicmanu
07-08-2005, 11:24 AM
Why is he less likely to check the Ace than the Queen?

SA125
07-08-2005, 11:55 AM
My guess is the A gets called by the Q (maybe raised by an aggressive player) but the Q would hate to get raised. It also may be taken as a bluff attempt. I wonder if people playing 80-160 are aware of - drumroll please - Clark's Theorum. Just kidding Clark. As you can see from my guess, the only theorum I'll ever have is don't drink a lot of beer if there's no place to pee. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

StellarWind
07-08-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the ace is the nuts. Some players would be nervous that their queen isn't good and just checkcall.

DavidC
07-10-2005, 11:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Because the ace is the nuts. Some players would be nervous that their queen isn't good and just checkcall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I made this question before you, provided a few ideas in my thread, but nothing definite...

Secondly, the tone used in Mason's article indicate that there's some poker concept that indicates that the Q should indeed be checked and the ace bet out here.

I don't think that it's a matter of what people DO do, that he's talking about, but what they SHOULD do.

But yeah, I have no idea why they SHOULD check the queen.

--Dave.

07-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Under the gun don't see why checking the A on the turn is a bad play thinking the Q or T would bet obviously then check/raise and lead out on river hoping to get a call from the Q.

TomBrooks
07-21-2005, 06:38 AM
The author and readers were hoping you would see why.